xbmc widgets
Lightbulb 
Hey,
it would be amazing to be able to set an artist; album; genre; ... as a widget on the home screen.
This makes it easier to start music when getting home.

So, when you add the widget:
you see the same interface as the app for starting music (eventually with the "host chooser" so you can set a different host);
you choose what you want to play by long clicking and selecting "set as widget".
The widget remembers the host and the command to be sent to the xbmc.
The widget icon is the icon of the artist/album.

When you click the widget:
it pings the xbmc host; send a wake up command if not reachable and pings it again for 40 seconds until a reply is received.
When the connection is confirmed it sends the play command
Then it opens the "now playing" as standard behaviour of xbmc-remote.

A second widget could contain a selection of artists;albums to be played; it's then scrollable (this seems more difficult as you would have to have a way to select multiple artists or albums to create the widget).

I'm recently started with a java course, I'd love to learn to do this myself but at the moment i'm not really up to it. I am ready to make a serious effort in creating a better analysis, do bug testing or code review or something similar.

ps, i did find issue 366 but my idea seems "bigger". I didn't create an issue for this yet since maybe I'm the only one who would like to have this?
Added:
My music files are on a network share; when waking up xbmc it often needs 10/20 seconds before I can play the files; so I would love if there was an error correcting feature in this widget: if there's an error to play the requested files, wait 10 seconds, launch the command again.

Though this is just a nice-to-have.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
xbmc widgets1