Torn Between Building a HTPC or buying a new silent case
Hi guys this is my first post here since i just started out using xbmc Smile and i am loving it.

When i first read eskro's thread on the recommended builds , i remembered i had a old apple tv lying around that i didn't use much , so i went ahead and bought the Broadcom crystal HD and installed Sams distro and it works really great but i am having some micro stuttering , i don't know the real reason for the stuttering but i believe that it has to do with the refresh rates or that i am streaming the content over a wired LAN .But it is really almost perfect and i mean almost if it wasnt for the damn micro stuttering.

So basically as the title says i have also in my bedroom my main rig and i have it hooked up to my TV as a secondary display. Whenever i stream any content to the PC it works amazing. But i am encountering some problems here also and the main problem is the noise that comes out of my main rig.

As i see it i have 2 options , the first one is to build a HTPC , or to invest in a really silent case for my main rig i am hearing very good things about the fractal design define R3 .

The price difference would be 120 to buy the case vs 350 or 400 to build a nice and quiet HTPC.

So i am seeking for some advice what do you guys recommend me to do Huh?

Thanks for the time and i really appreciate your thoughts .

Shremi
If the pc is capable your better off spending the money on the case. No point in spending more money than nessecary
if your happy with your PC, i agree, just get quieter FANS Tongue
Woooow i cant believe i have never thought of changing only the fans Sad.

I know quiet fans are somehow expensive, Scythe always pops out when i hear of quiet fans any specific model that some of you can recomend?

But considering i have 5 fans in my case that may be the reason for the loud noise.

Thanks
check in my HTPC guide, i've written which fans i suggest and link to them,,,

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Torn Between Building a HTPC or buying a new silent case0