• 142(current)
New MythTV add-on using libcmyth
(2013-07-03, 11:23)simora Wrote: Is there a way for people like teeeedubb to temporarily disable the use of the internal edl on a per playback basis? i'm sure you can go through and set the edl setting back to none, restart the addon and begin watching again but something easier would be better. I'm not sure what the big picture vision for edl use is. If the automatic use of edl internal could be disabled in favor of a manual skip forward past commercial function than teeedubb could use edl when it works for him and not when it doesn't. Every once in a while I like to watch a couple commercials to remind myself how much better life is in the age of the dvr.

Just throwing in my two cents here. Having a lot of options to support extreme edge use cases will certainly turn things into a mess of settings very quickly. Having "manual" as an EDL type is a fair idea as this could be an option in the addon settings but again would be a global option. Turning it on/off per recording seems like something only a handful of people are going to benefit from. Is a setting that's only used by 1 person out of every 100 really worth it?

If you don't want commercial skip - then don't detect the commercials. You also always have the option of going backwards in the video if you want to get see the commercials after a skip. I'm sure it sounds goofy to let it skip the commercials, then rewind to see them; but so does having a system to flag all the breaks and then deciding to ignore that system and watch them anyway.
@robweber

If I were writing the edl function I would have a global selection for edl being manual/auto/off. auto would do the obvious of skipping commercials, manual would allow the user to use the chapter forward/track forward type buttons to skip the commercials and off would be the obvious. I don't know what is possible or implemented so I threw out a few suggestions. And there is value in having a manual option, i'd hate to miss the next good VW commercial or another "big gas man" but somedays a person just doesn't have the patience to sit through another geico ad.
I now have setup comskip which seems to work reliably here via this method http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Commercial_de...freeviewHD This method seems to cut later into the start of the adbreak, which suits me and the boss. Depending on how many people use solutions other than mythcomflag, the ideal amount of time could vary from user to user. Maybe have it set to 0 for both?

One thing I have noticed is that skipping can act strangely with internal edl enabled with some recordings. In the log file below (to big for pastebin) as small step forward will skip forward but set the playback timer to 26h, small skip again will stop playback with the video being marked and watched. Skipping forward via numbers has the same effect and at any point in the recording.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/2241...s/xbmc.log

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/2241.../xbmc1.log

The above videos play and comskip ok in mythfontend.

EDIT: Ill try with your latest changes
After playing around in mythfrontend it seems the problem is cause by pre/post roll comskip. Its the same in both internal-edl (frodo) and non-internal-edl (gotham).

Quote:Mythplayer will not auto-skip pre-roll/post-roll breaks. When starting playback you need to manually comm-skip to the programme start.

The offending video has a lone edl point at the start. Xbmc will start playback from that point and will not allow you to rewind before it. A forward skip will take it to the start of the recording and a another skip will take take you to the end and stop playback.
@teeedubb

I saw in your logs:
17:20:01 T:140174730360576 DEBUG: AddOnLog: MythTV cmyth PVR Client: LoadCutList - Add cut entry to file: 2428492632 - 0
and
18:32:32 T:140389167019776 DEBUG: AddOnLog: MythTV cmyth PVR Client: LoadCutList - Add cut entry to file: 1369086688 - 0

The first number is the start offset and second the end offset of the cut. I haven't check this case ! It cause trouble ... I am updating ...
It could be possible to deactivate internal EDL using a Menuhook of Gotham. Currently with Frodo i don't know if exists a way to change a setup without restart; I will have a look for that.
Internal EDL also acts before the demux and i cannot control the seeks random done by dvdplayer. An sample of possible trouble is when skip back in a short break at the begining of recording. So it is not perfect but it seems to run very good during read.
So, i had a look about menuhook for frodo: It is OK. So i can add a new client action to enable or disable EDL in recordings screen. My next commit will include it.
I pushed 2 commits to frodo_internal_edl (frodo) and internal_edl (gotham). First adds a menuhook to enable/disable EDL and second rejects bad break entry (endoffset <= startoffset).
To disable/enable EDL, in the recordings screen call context menu and select "Client actions" -> "Enable/Disable EDL processing". Also a notification show the current status.
Hopefully it could be help !

When your feedback is good, i will propose "internal EDL" to the master.
Providing feedback the 1.6.11 or thats how it identifies itself even though changelog stops at 1.6.10. Works when compiled in Release Version on both Win7 and XP. Compiling in Debug mode on XP was problematic, but not Release.
Thanks again for your work janbar, will test with your new changes.
(2013-07-01, 00:12)janbar Wrote: @teeedubb

Hi. I finished to merge with frodo branch. The new branch with EDL support for frodo is "frodo_internal_edl".

git clone -b frodo_internal_edl https://github.com/janbar/xbmc-pvr-addons.git

Think to select "Internal" for the new setting "EDL method provider". The default choice is "None" in frodo branch. And then restart XBMC to get the new settings.

I just compiled and updated the addon in xbmc frodo and I don't see that option "EDL method provider" after several reboots. I am looking for that setting in the configure options of the mythtv addon.
Thanks all for the great work and can't wait to skip commercials!
What version does it say is installed?
(2013-07-07, 03:11)janbar Wrote: I pushed 2 commits to frodo_internal_edl (frodo) and internal_edl (gotham). First adds a menuhook to enable/disable EDL and second rejects bad break entry (endoffset <= startoffset).

Janbar, I still have the same problem, event though the logs are showing the cut entry as being rejected.

Quote:19:34:16 T:140367415330560 NOTICE: AddOnLog: MythTV cmyth PVR Client: LoadCutList - Reject cut entry: 2426004076 - 0

Logs of the same videos I tested with originally:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/2241...mc.old.log

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/2241...c.old2.log
(2013-07-07, 08:06)StupendousMan Wrote:
(2013-07-01, 00:12)janbar Wrote: @teeedubb

Hi. I finished to merge with frodo branch. The new branch with EDL support for frodo is "frodo_internal_edl".

git clone -b frodo_internal_edl https://github.com/janbar/xbmc-pvr-addons.git

Think to select "Internal" for the new setting "EDL method provider". The default choice is "None" in frodo branch. And then restart XBMC to get the new settings.

I just compiled and updated the addon in xbmc frodo and I don't see that option "EDL method provider" after several reboots. I am looking for that setting in the configure options of the mythtv addon.
Thanks all for the great work and can't wait to skip commercials!
I haven't change the version of addon. It still with 1.6.11. So installation should be done manually because XBMC doesn't update an addon with same version: once "make zip", get the generated zip file and unzip manually into the XBMC home user. With unix it is at "$HOME/.xbmc/addons/". With Windows it should be at "Application data...". Cfetzer will update the change log and version.
(2013-07-07, 11:59)teeedubb Wrote:
(2013-07-07, 03:11)janbar Wrote: I pushed 2 commits to frodo_internal_edl (frodo) and internal_edl (gotham). First adds a menuhook to enable/disable EDL and second rejects bad break entry (endoffset <= startoffset).

Janbar, I still have the same problem, event though the logs are showing the cut entry as being rejected.

Quote:19:34:16 T:140367415330560 NOTICE: AddOnLog: MythTV cmyth PVR Client: LoadCutList - Reject cut entry: 2426004076 - 0

Logs of the same videos I tested with originally:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/2241...mc.old.log

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/2241...c.old2.log
It is difficult to find the trouble with logs. Could you post the mpeg file and database values somewhere. Then i could test with it.
To export database values into the file "backup.sql", do:

mysqldump -u mythtv -p -t --where="chanid=1010 AND starttime='2013-07-04 05:25:00'" mythconverg recorded recordedseek recordedmarkup > backup.sql

The mpeg file to post is: 1010_20130704052500.mpg
  • 142(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New MythTV add-on using libcmyth8