• 50(current)
New MythTV add-on using libcmyth
"I've ported the addon to the stable Eden PVR branch. You should be able to "git checkout Eden-PVR" now."

What does this mean exactly, I can get the stable eden pvr with this addon?

Is it literally just

git checkout Eden-PVR

then a git pull and recompile?

Thanks and sorry for all the questions.
(2012-05-13, 00:09)tdavis Wrote:
(2012-05-12, 17:49)fiveisalive Wrote:
(2012-05-11, 12:15)Jimmer Wrote: five has managed it here:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1098065

it needs a file patching, and this was done a little while ago, but it may still be working. Probably better to wait a few days for it to get merged into Dushmaniac, and then again here. It'll happen soon, I'm sure

I tested patching tsp's cmyth branch with the myth-0.25 patch and I have it "working" in the sense that it loads the EPG and channel info. I tested this on a separate machine with no video card, using the "dummy tuner" module built into the mythbackend, so I was unable to test Live TV or recording playback, but at least the EPG/schedule and channel info loads correctly, which is generally a good sign.

I did this:

Code:
mkdir xbmc
cd xbmc
git clone --branch myth-0.25 https://github.com/dteirney/xbmc.git dt
cd dt
git diff 00e6c1c > ../xbmc-myth-0.25.patch
cd ..
git clone https://github.com/tsp/xbmc.git tsp
cd tsp/
patch -p1 < ../xbmc-myth-0.25.patch

And then patch lib/cmyth/libcmyth/connection.c with

Code:
--- tsp2/lib/cmyth/libcmyth/connection.c        2012-05-12 15:08:00.476169895 -0700
+++ tsp/lib/cmyth/libcmyth/connection.c 2012-05-11 11:03:48.980341238 -0700
@@ -754,6 +754,11 @@
                          __FUNCTION__, host, port, buflen);
                goto shut;
        }
+        /*
+        * Explicitly set the conn version to the control version as cmyth_connect() doesn't and some of
+        * the cmyth_rcv_* functions expect it to be the same as the protocol version used by mythbackend.
+        */
+       conn->conn_version = control->conn_version;

ann_size += strlen(path) + strlen(my_hostname) + strlen(sgToGetFrom) + 6;
        announcement = malloc(ann_size);

and compiled it up.

Everything works - LiveTV, Recordings, EPG.

When you say compiled it up what do you mean? Do I have to compile both the dt directory and the tsp directory? I did a bootstrap, configure, make and make install of the tsp directory. I get the epg info, but when I try to change and watch a live channel, XBMC crashes and takes me to XBMCbuntu desktop.
(2012-05-14, 12:08)bilbonvidia Wrote: "I've ported the addon to the stable Eden PVR branch. You should be able to "git checkout Eden-PVR" now."

Is it literally just

git checkout Eden-PVR

Yes it is the mythtv addon with the Eden PVR code. It should be more stable.
You have to pull before you checkout but else it is just a recompile
Libcmyth MythTV addon for xbmc-pvr [source] [forum thread]
EDIT: This is not needed anymore. I think commit 91bfc4eaed took care of this.

(2012-05-10, 11:05)dteirney Wrote: @bas.t you need to upgrade libboost to 1.46 or later.

Thanks a lot!
It compiled just fine now. I'm going to test.
So having mythtv 0.25 support boiles down to this:

(correct me if I'm wrong, please!)

Code:
curl -Ls --output 0.25.diff http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=bjeCUELy     #I combined the patches mentioned by fiveisalive to a new diff

git clone https://github.com/tsp/xbmc.git

cd xbmc

git checkout Eden-pvr

patch -p1 < ../0.25.diff

./bootstrap........ etc
(2012-05-14, 16:00)kburkart Wrote:
(2012-05-13, 00:09)tdavis Wrote:
(2012-05-12, 17:49)fiveisalive Wrote: I tested patching tsp's cmyth branch with the myth-0.25 patch and I have it "working" in the sense that it loads the EPG and channel info. I tested this on a separate machine with no video card, using the "dummy tuner" module built into the mythbackend, so I was unable to test Live TV or recording playback, but at least the EPG/schedule and channel info loads correctly, which is generally a good sign.

I did this:

Code:
mkdir xbmc
cd xbmc
git clone --branch myth-0.25 https://github.com/dteirney/xbmc.git dt
cd dt
git diff 00e6c1c > ../xbmc-myth-0.25.patch
cd ..
git clone https://github.com/tsp/xbmc.git tsp
cd tsp/
patch -p1 < ../xbmc-myth-0.25.patch

And then patch lib/cmyth/libcmyth/connection.c with

Code:
--- tsp2/lib/cmyth/libcmyth/connection.c        2012-05-12 15:08:00.476169895 -0700
+++ tsp/lib/cmyth/libcmyth/connection.c 2012-05-11 11:03:48.980341238 -0700
@@ -754,6 +754,11 @@
                          __FUNCTION__, host, port, buflen);
                goto shut;
        }
+        /*
+        * Explicitly set the conn version to the control version as cmyth_connect() doesn't and some of
+        * the cmyth_rcv_* functions expect it to be the same as the protocol version used by mythbackend.
+        */
+       conn->conn_version = control->conn_version;

ann_size += strlen(path) + strlen(my_hostname) + strlen(sgToGetFrom) + 6;
        announcement = malloc(ann_size);

and compiled it up.

Everything works - LiveTV, Recordings, EPG.

When you say compiled it up what do you mean? Do I have to compile both the dt directory and the tsp directory? I did a bootstrap, configure, make and make install of the tsp directory. I get the epg info, but when I try to change and watch a live channel, XBMC crashes and takes me to XBMCbuntu desktop.

I did that in the tsp directory.

I'm on Fedora16, so it could be anything; also, did you re-use the .xbmc directory? I normally just clean it out when it crashes and reconfigure the PVR portion for testing.

Just switched to the Eden-pvr branch now for my main HTPC.
Constellation (iPad remote) works properly again, as it wasn't picking up the LiveTV before.

TSP - It's a fantastic job you've done here - Thanks!

Now, if only I could figure out how to use the regexp to organise my recordings a bit better...
(2012-05-13, 21:53)tsp42 Wrote: Well my suggestion would be to add the check to the MythConnection, MythEventHandler::ImpMythEventHandler, MythFile and MythRecorder class. We would also have to add a new cmyth function to reconnect an existing cmyth_conn_t structure. This would save the trouble of renewing and tracking all the cmyth pointers in the c++ code. I don't have much experience with socket programming but I suspect that the current way of detecting a hung connection in socket.c is not the best way to do it.

Ok, I will have a look at that. I will do some tests to see what is the best way to find out the connection is gone. Maybe it would be a good idea to set some sort of error code to indicate reconnecting is necessary, instead of conn_hang.
So far I've been trying to implement restart of all (active) PVR clients (PVRClients::StopClient()) on wake-up from standby (Announcement from AnnouncementManager), but there is a lock-up when stopping the PVRClients thread (I think)... trying to find out why.
(2012-05-14, 16:13)tsp42 Wrote:
(2012-05-14, 12:08)bilbonvidia Wrote: "I've ported the addon to the stable Eden PVR branch. You should be able to "git checkout Eden-PVR" now."

Is it literally just

git checkout Eden-PVR

Yes it is the mythtv addon with the Eden PVR code. It should be more stable.
You have to pull before you checkout but else it is just a recompile

Okay thats done back on eden stable with the addon, thanks.

I have the changing channel while in live tv freezing issue again, xbmc log:

http://pastebin.com/ABcUHqsB

.. just trying to figure out how to get the output of gdb

http://pastebin.com/whYd6Abi
OK - Just wanted to check I'm doing the right thing, for the most stable, wife accepting build.

Yesterday, I did git clone git://github.com/tsp/xbmc -b Eden-pvr xbmc (ie, picking up the Eden-pvr branch from tsp's repository)

Is that the right thing? or should I be cloning from somewhere else?
(2012-05-13, 23:01)fiveisalive Wrote:
(2012-05-13, 21:53)tsp42 Wrote: I've ported the addon to the stable Eden PVR branch. You should be able to "git checkout Eden-PVR" now. Next change will be to add the MythTV 0.25 patch.

Great news! I would like to add the complete pvr patch against the original stock Eden source in the xbmc package I maintain for Fedora/RPM Fusion. Can you clue me in to which git commit I should use to create the diff/patch?

Second, is the plan to backport features from master to this new branch on a semi-regular basis? The myth 0.25 patch will be critical since Fedora/RPM Fusion only ships with myth >= 0.25.

Third, if I move the files for the add-on client into a separate subpackage (so only that subpackage is dependent on a backend, eg myth), would that cause a probably for xbmc itself? i.e. some people might want xbmc without pvr/myth and having a separate xbmc-{mythtv,tvheadend} packages only containg the addon parts would workaround this.

Lastly, do you know what the plan is for dushmaniac's merge to upstream? I wasn't able to find on open pull request on github, or a forum post about this, but I noticed that development on the addon seems to have stopped in his branch, and there was one forum post that alluded to him preparing for the merge, but nothing from him directly about the schedule for that.
No clue about what is going on with dushmaniac's code. Maybe he is on vacation or need a break from the code. A bit unfortunate as the pull request for marking the recordings as watched is waiting for him.

I'm not a git expert but something like this the following should generate a patch file:
Code:
git remote add main git://github.com/xbmc/xbmc.git
git fetch main
git diff main/Eden Eden-pvr >patch.txt
You should be able to put the addon files in a separate package (mythtv, tvheadend etc.) although I haven't tested if the changes I made to the XBMC PVR code is compatible with the other addon's (but I suppose so)

I intent to backport the changes to the Eden-pvr branch (as it is the branch I use on my HTPC now).

Quote:OK - Just wanted to check I'm doing the right thing, for the most stable, wife accepting build.

Yesterday, I did git clone git://github.com/tsp/xbmc -b Eden-pvr xbmc (ie, picking up the Eden-pvr branch from tsp's repository)

Is that the right thing? or should I be cloning from somewhere else?
if you already have cloned my repo then a "git pull" followed by a "git checkout Eden-PVR" should be sufficient.

bilbonvidia: I've added the gdb stack trace informations to the first post in this thread.
Libcmyth MythTV addon for xbmc-pvr [source] [forum thread]
Quote:bilbonvidia: I've added the gdb stack trace informations to the first post in this thread.

http://pastebin.com/whYd6Abi
(2012-05-15, 22:03)tsp42 Wrote: No clue about what is going on with dushmaniac's code. Maybe he is on vacation or need a break from the code. A bit unfortunate as the pull request for marking the recordings as watched is waiting for him.

Yes, things seem to have gone quiet, but I figured there might be a discussion or announcement on one of the threads, but I couldn't find any.

Quote:I'm not a git expert but something like this the following should generate a patch file:
Code:
git fetch main
git diff main/Eden Eden-pvr >patch.txt

Thanks, here's what I ended up with, to get a patch that works with the pristine upstream tarball (tagged in git as "11.0-Eden-r2"):

Quote:git clone git://github.com/tsp/xbmc.git xbmc-Eden-pvr
cd xbmc-Eden-pvr
git checkout Eden-pvr
git fetch main
git diff 11.0-Eden-r2 Eden-pvr > xbmc-11.0-tsp-Eden-pvr.patch

However, the patch also modifies the ffmpeg sources (as well as files in DllAvFilter etc.), and since the RPM Fusion package builds against the external ffmpeg package, I removed all the hunks against those files and one's in lib/ffmpeg. Is it necessary to patch ffmpeg-related files (relative to the pristine tarball for Eden) for the PVR support? Or did that change make into the Eden-pvr branch, because it tracks the Eden branch, rather than starting from the original Eden tarball release?

Quote:I intent to backport the changes to the Eden-pvr branch (as it is the branch I use on my HTPC now).

Cool! Currently I'm adding the myth-0.25 patch to my package as well, but hopefully that will be rolled into your patch soon.
Ok, so what is the best way to get EDEN-PVR with myth .25? Rookie needs hand holding Sad
I'm trying what tdavis did above..
  • 50(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New MythTV add-on using libcmyth8