• 60(current)
New MythTV add-on using libcmyth
(2012-06-09, 00:25)cspack Wrote: Mine stops playing Live TV whenever the current show ends. Not sure why. For example, if a show is scheduled to end at 8:00pm, then as soon as the clock hits 8:00pm it stops playing and goes back to the program guide. I have an HDHomeRun Prime, mythtv 0.25 on the backend.

Also on recorded programs commercial skipping doesn't seem to work. Works fine with Mythbox or mythfrontend but the pvr addon it just seems to ignore the commercial marks.

This now happens to me too. Its highly reproduceable.

Has anyone posted a bug report for this?

Thanks,

Dan
All Things PVR
(2012-06-10, 21:28)dubstar_04 Wrote: This now happens to me too. Its highly reproduceable.

Has anyone posted a bug report for this?

Thanks,

Dan

For me it started when I upgraded myth to 0.25.
Everything was fine on 0.24 with the same frontend.
I also noticed increased time to change the channels after the upgrade...

LiveTV unstable since 0.22; it appears to be really easy to trigger in 0.25

http://www.mythtv.org/pipermail/mythtv-u...35187.html
(2012-06-09, 06:31)speed32219 Wrote:
(2012-06-08, 16:13)kburkart Wrote: How stable is everybody's myth pvr setup? I built mine on top of mythbuntu 12.04, using myth .25 and a ceton infinitv pci capture card. It doesn't take long for it to lock up the system. Does anyone else experience this?

I did a git clone from tsp's main and then pulled Eden-pvr.

Kevin

Running the same setup as you. Works great except for the audio. Every now and then the audio goes away and XBMC does not recognize any sound-cards. I have to do a alsa force-reload from terminal to get it back. Well at least 85 percent of the time or I need to do a fresh reboot. I only have 1.5GB of ram on the backend, channel changing is a little slow, other than the audio failures now and then it works pretty darn good. great. Just ordered 4 GB (2 X 2GB( strips so I know that will help. I will check the load, might need to go to 8 GB. I had been using the Mythtv frontend only using the launcher addon and a shell script that would kill XBMC and launch Myth frontend and visa versa from the remote, That works great without any problems except for very slow epg and channel changing, of course that is probably the RAM issue also. But I really like the integration within XBMC, this is a great addon and mythtv is the only Linux backend that works wtih the PCIe Ceton tuner.

Great job so far with the add-on!

Speed,

Did you use any special parameters when you built? i e during .configuration?

I check system status and CPU is running at about 50% memory ~25%. There are times things seem real sluggish. I have a server and 4 satelitte Zotac Zboxes running with at least 2 GB off of 16GB thumbdrives.

Mythfrontend is much more responsive/stable on the same satelittes.

Thanks,
Kevin

I have a strange problem - just wondering if anyone has a suggestion. (or has seen it themselves)
If I start to watch an HD Channel, sometimes, it seems to take a long time before I get a complete picture. It seems like I'm waiting for a keyframe and before I get the keyframe, the picture is complete garbage, including images from a previous show, perhaps seen days before.
It doesn't happen with non-HD. in fact, I don't think it even happens when the HD broadcast isn't 1080p, but really it's most strange.

Usually, I have to stop and start playback a few times before it works - maybe I'm too impatient, but it seems to take a good few seconds while I hear Audio and see blocks, green bits and old images, before the channel I'm tuning to displays properly.

Super strange is that I can be watching an SD channel, but the bits of image that it shows on the HD channel when it's trying to sync is completely different again.

eg, kids watching telly today - I switched to BBC HD and saw an image from the closing scene of the Jubilee concert from last Monday night.. - so a week old image. - Not sure if I had watched any other TV broadcast HD content since then, so that could just be the last 1080p broadcast played.

I'm using a Geforce GT-520 card, if that makes any difference.
Quote:Speed,

Did you use any special parameters when you built? i e during .configuration?

I check system status and CPU is running at about 50% memory ~25%. There are times things seem real sluggish. I have a server and 4 satelitte Zotac Zboxes running with at least 2 GB off of 16GB thumbdrives.

Mythfrontend is much more responsive/stable on the same satelittes.

Thanks,
Kevin

Kevin, the key for me was installing mythbuntu 12.04 and I did not check-mark repo updates. If I did check repo updates it would have all kinds of problems. I just did a plain install with no updates and the standard setup with the card IP (192.168.200.1) and then the server IP. If you want how I setup the card and channels using Comcast I can provide that configuration. Took me a while to iron everything out but myth-frontend has no problems, works great with no drop offs ppl are talking about. Today I put 4 GB of RAM in the backend and my cpu's are running a total of 16% on all processes, no swap and memory usage is 2.2% of total (4GB) with two HD channels running (htop). I have 5 boxes setup (One is strictly for testing) so I'm probably going to add another Ceton by years end. First going to build a new small low power stb size backend with 2 - 4GB of storage and if I want to save the TV show I'll trans-code to h264 and send it to the raid server.

With the XBMC plugin everything is wonderful including the same low CPU and memory usage. Although when show/movie ends it takes me straight to the guide occasionally. Also noticed slow channel changing, slower than when I use the Myth-frontends. Good news is I fixed the audio problems I was having (digital and analogue), so I am a happy camper. Just need to find why the shows are ending occasionally and all will be great! Except for the power management stuff which I still need to fix. (Suspend and WOL, darn 12.04)
Maybe that is my problem, I think I checked the repo updates. I am also seeing the live tv end when a program is scheduled to end and the slow channel changing. I guess I will have to try and rebuild one without the repo updates Sad

Thanks Kevin
(2012-06-12, 06:47)speed32219 Wrote: With the XBMC plugin everything is wonderful including the same low CPU and memory usage. Although when show/movie ends it takes me straight to the guide occasionally. Also noticed slow channel changing, slower than when I use the Myth-frontends. Good news is I fixed the audio problems I was having (digital and analogue), so I am a happy camper. Just need to find why the shows are ending occasionally and all will be great! Except for the power management stuff which I still need to fix. (Suspend and WOL, darn 12.04)

What audio problems are you referring to? I have analog cable and a digital antenna on 2 seperate tuner cards on my backend. The analog audio is EXTREMELY loud compared to the digital in XBMC. Is this the same issue? If so, what did you end up doing to fix it?

Thanks.
InoD,

Does the latest OpenElec have support for myth pvr and myth .25 or does that need to be built? If I need to build this my self can you give me some pointers?

Was going to try and do openELEC over PXE, I am afraid running mythbuntu/xbmc on a thumb drive may be causing the delays I am seeing, CPU and memory don't seem to be the issue.

Figure I'd try something different.

Thanks,
Kevin
(2012-06-12, 18:04)kburkart Wrote: Does the latest OpenElec have support for myth pvr and myth .25 or does that need to be built? If I need to build this my self can you give me some pointers?

Was going to try and do openELEC over PXE, I am afraid running mythbuntu/xbmc on a thumb drive may be causing the delays I am seeing, CPU and memory don't seem to be the issue.

If you mean the standard 2.0 beta builds the answer is probably no. They are based on XBMC Eden (PVR), which does not have .25 support (yet).
The builds I shared do have .25 support as they are based on tsp's Eden-pvr branch which recently received .25 support. If you want to build it yourself, you can use the build scripts I posted a few pages back.

FYI, both my OpenELEC machines boot and run from thumb drive. Read/write performance might not be optimal, but for video/audio database I use external MySQL DB (to be able to share them between the clients) and thumbnails are available through Samba share.
(2012-06-12, 20:48)InoD Wrote:
(2012-06-12, 18:04)kburkart Wrote: Does the latest OpenElec have support for myth pvr and myth .25 or does that need to be built? If I need to build this my self can you give me some pointers?

If you mean the standard 2.0 beta builds the answer is probably no. They are based on XBMC Eden (PVR), which does not have .25 support (yet).
The builds I shared do have .25 support as they are based on tsp's Eden-pvr branch which recently received .25 support. If you want to build it yourself, you can use the build scripts I posted a few pages back.

FYI, both my OpenELEC machines boot and run from thumb drive. Read/write performance might not be optimal, but for video/audio database I use external MySQL DB (to be able to share them between the clients) and thumbnails are available through Samba share.

If by external mysql, you mean on a server that hosts both the db and NFS/Samba for fanart, then that is what I am currently doing.

I figured by going the OpenELEC route I can optimize it for the ION boxes. Is that what you run your thumbdrives on? Saw your build in the previous post. I will try that one if it is up to date.

Thanks,
Kevin
(2012-06-11, 01:51)tdavis Wrote: LiveTV unstable since 0.22; it appears to be really easy to trigger in 0.25

http://www.mythtv.org/pipermail/mythtv-u...35187.html

This appears to be the bug, and it is supposdely fixed in mythtv-0.25+fixes from April 10th..

http://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/10490

When I switched to a newer version of MiniMyth (0.81b5) for the frontend, and made sure the backend was new enough (Fedora 17 & rpmfusion is), the problem went away.
Running OpenElec through PXE and it is much more responsive, thx InoD. The next question is how do you set up so each remote openelec client gets its own configuration, instead of sharing the same one? The audio setup on each client is slightly different, IE 2 r through HDMI, 1 analog, one optical. I get sound on all of them, but have to adjust audio every time it boots.

Thanks,
Kevin

PS, is anyone looking into the 13-15 second channel change time?
Ok forget about the individual configuration, I realized I didn't add the overlay option to my PXE setup.
Sorry for the lack of updates.It has been a bit busy due to family_member_count++; but I've updated the master branch with cfetzer PR so it is now possible to set the watched state for recordings. I've also re-enabled the fast channel switching. The code compiles on windows but I'vent tested it with GCC yet. Next step is to backport the changes to eden-pvr.
Libcmyth MythTV addon for xbmc-pvr [source] [forum thread]
  • 60(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New MythTV add-on using libcmyth8