• 8(current)
New MythTV add-on using libcmyth
Jimmer Wrote:Newsflash! Dushmaniac has merged upstream-ro/master.....

hopefully this will bring the necessary fixes (ie thumbnail corruption, mysql crashes, etc)...

Jim

more importantly...

Dushmaniac has merged tsp42's fixes from the cmyth-addon into his branch!!

so all the little tweeks and fixes will benefit the pvr as a whole and we will all be in sync!!

Thanks tsp42 and Dushmaniac,

we really do appreciate all the work you guys are doing.
All Things PVR
Jimmer Wrote:I think Maverick will prove to be Ubuntu's windows XP. I guess that makes Natty their Vista....? Lol!

ha ha this made me chuckle!!

Its just a shame that 10.10 isn't an LTS version with the kernels and libraries kept up to date.

for example:
I would like to use libimobiledevice to sync my ipad. its a pain keeping all the libs updated manually.
All Things PVR
dubstar_04 Wrote:ha ha this made me chuckle!!

Its just a shame that 10.10 isn't an LTS version with the kernels and libraries kept up to date.

for example:
I would like to use libimobiledevice to sync my ipad. its a pain keeping all the libs updated manually.

Yeah, I know this is a bit OT, but I pulled the natty kernel from the kernal ppa and installed that on Maverick - works no problems. Needed this to get my af9015 to work properly....

Although as far as libs are concerned - yeah you end up having to compile yourself for some stuff.

I've long been dancing this dance with running Hardy on the atv: every time xbmc adds a new dependancy to the list, you have to work out if you can build the required version before you can compile xbmc....

Jim
managed to compile it last night but it's constantly using 40% cpu even with the screen black.
Intel Core i5-11500, ASRock B560M-ITX/ac, 240GB SSD + 4TB  Western Digital Blue, Arch Linux, mythtv 31+fixes + TBS 6205 QUAD FREEVIEW DVB-T2
deadite66 Wrote:managed to compile it last night but it's constantly using 40% cpu even with the screen black.

what machine are you running on?

mines a AMD 6000+, 2GB ram and it idles around 18% cpu and thats with background services running for mythtv and media server, backups...

40% seems a little high.
All Things PVR
ASRock ION 3D, atom D525/ion2, 2GB ram, 1TB HDD running ubuntu oneiric.
Intel Core i5-11500, ASRock B560M-ITX/ac, 240GB SSD + 4TB  Western Digital Blue, Arch Linux, mythtv 31+fixes + TBS 6205 QUAD FREEVIEW DVB-T2
is there anything else running in the background?
All Things PVR
it's mainly just a htpc, nothing cpu hungry running apart from mythtv-backend, mythweb and mysql.

34% with a podcast playing and the screen blanked.

Code:
PID USER      PR  NI  VIRT  RES  SHR S %CPU %MEM    TIME+  COMMAND
24158 lee       20   0  458m 100m  30m R   34  5.0   3:17.20 xbmc.bin                                            
1981 lee       20   0 21924  15m 3376 S    6  0.8  21:00.53 Xvnc4                                              
11212 lee       20   0  201m  11m 6848 S    6  0.6  11:45.24 gnome-terminal                                      
25058 lee       20   0  2816 1188  848 R    4  0.1   0:00.03 top                                                
32392 mythtv    20   0  387m  66m  12m S    4  3.3 105:36.56 mythbackend                                        
    1 root      20   0  3324 1688 1168 S    0  0.1   0:16.38 init
tsp42 Wrote:dubstar_04:
BTW how did you get the channel icons in the add-on?

i have done a fresh build and the icons are there!!

it 'just works'!!
All Things PVR
Can somebody explain the major difference(s) between this add-on versus dteirney's one? My understanding is that this is based on libcmyth, whereas dteirney's is based on MythXML(?). What is the difference between these two implementations and are there inherent advantages/disadvantages to each one?

Also does libcmyth have a separate active upstream? (My understanding is that the code originally derives from http://www.mvpmc.org/ ) And if so, are the changes to libcmyth pushed back there regularly? i.e. would this be considered a true fork, or simply a private, but slightly patched version of the libcmyth tree? I ask because I maintain the Fedora/RPM Fusion package for XBMC and we (and most Linux distros, generally) prefer to package libraries system-wide and then have individual applications compile against the system-wide versions rather having private code trees.
For some reason the list of recordings shows only a part of the recordings that are available on the myth backend. It is as if the latest X recordings are not included in the list.

This does not happen always, though.

I have a full debug log available from my current session, but it is over 300Mb. I will post a log when it happens the next time.
mronkko Wrote:For some reason the list of recordings shows only a part of the recordings that are available on the myth backend. It is as if the latest X recordings are not included in the list.

This does not happen always, though.

I have a full debug log available from my current session, but it is over 300Mb. I will post a log when it happens the next time.

If you have a look at post #101 I posted some screenshots which I think represent what you are seeing.

Is that what you mean?

Post #102 also has tsp42s reply regarding the issue.

Thanks,

Dubstar_04
All Things PVR
dubstar_04 Wrote:If you have a look at post #101 I posted some screenshots which I think represent what you are seeing.

Is that what you mean?

Post #102 also has tsp42s reply regarding the issue.

This is a different issue. I am missing a large number of tv shows that have been recorded. When I try to watch something, the last two weeks or so of recordings are missing.
mronkko Wrote:This is a different issue. I am missing a large number of tv shows that have been recorded. When I try to watch something, the last two weeks or so of recordings are missing.

I see this as well. Going into LiveTV settings and re-setting the pvr database re-imports the data and then all recordings show up correctly. It's like it doesn't periodically engage with the backend to update the recordings section? Force it to update and it will....

Jim
mronkko Wrote:This is a different issue. I am missing a large number of tv shows that have been recorded. When I try to watch something, the last two weeks or so of recordings are missing.

I've not experienced this. The only time I have missing recordings is when they have been added since xbmc started and the library hasn't been updated.
All Things PVR
  • 8(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New MythTV add-on using libcmyth8