• 24(current)
New MythTV add-on using libcmyth
askvictor: Myth:// is the build-in support in XBMC for LiveTV and viewing of recordings from a MythTV backend. My add-on is something different. It is a MythTV add-on for the xbmc PVR version of xbmc that should hopeful should be included in the version of xbmc after eden. The addon support scheduling of recordings while the build-in Myth:// support does not.
tsp42 Wrote:grad: Does the xvba version of xbmc contains the PVR code? if so you could try to diff opdenkamps master branch and my master branch and use it on the xvba version.

Thanks - I have tried to extract a patch. It applies cleanly to the xvba git and compiles. I can also activate it a Live-TV PVR and it does fetch EPG all right. However when I want to watch a recording, it crashes with an arithmetic error. Just to be sure I got everything, could I bother you to quickly review the patch? I've put it here: http://minus.com/mOZIvM6ry#1

I don't know a lot about git. I used git blame to see if a diff came from you or not. Maybe I missed something. Besides the obvious changes in *cmyth* I ran into some changes in the common GUI library right? I skipped everything related to VDPAU, as I'm on AMD graphics. Anything else you know I'll definitely be needing?

Also, don't you think it would be a good idea if you were developing on a branch instead of rebasing your master? Again, I don't know the first thing about git but it appears to be easier to isolate your diffs if you used a branch. Also, if you ever want to submit to upstream you'll be needing that too, right?
Ubuntu 11.10 -- Athlon X2 5000 -- AMD 780G (Radeon HD3200) -- Catalyst 12.1 -- xbmc-xvba -- tvheadend
grad: There are some changes to the PVR code but it looks like your diff caught those too. It might be easier for you to create a github account, fork the xvba branch and merge tsp/master with it. For pushing my changes upstream I use a branch based on xbmc or dushmaniacs PVR branch and cherry pick the commits to them.
Libcmyth MythTV addon for xbmc-pvr [source] [forum thread]
tsp42 Wrote:grad: There are some changes to the PVR code but it looks like your diff caught those too.

It works now. I removed some apparently unrelated diffs in the libavcodec and one in atomic.h and (that was probably most important) wiped ~/.xbmc. I'll now start playing and testing the PVR a bit.
Ubuntu 11.10 -- Athlon X2 5000 -- AMD 780G (Radeon HD3200) -- Catalyst 12.1 -- xbmc-xvba -- tvheadend
tsp42 Wrote:I've added the LiveTV priority setting to the addon ...

Thanks, it seems to work nice! :-)
grad Wrote:It works now. I removed some apparently unrelated diffs in the libavcodec and one in atomic.h and (that was probably most important) wiped ~/.xbmc. I'll now start playing and testing the PVR a bit.
Good to hear. The changes to libavcodec fixes the audio in recordings where the aac audio stream changes from stereo to multichannel (or reverse.). The changes to atomic.h fixes a broken reference counter = memory leak. So it might be worth applying the patch again.
Novae Wrote:Dropping back to 1.46.1 solved the issue so its definetly something thats changed in 1.48.

I can confirm the problem with boost 1.48 on arch linux x86_64. Reverting to 1.47 solved the issue for me.
Wow, this looks really nice. Best I've tried so far. One question, and if I just missed an option, I'm sorry:

I wish to browse my programs in folders like:

All programs/Program name/Episode

Like MythTV, mythbox and the myth:// protocol in XBMC displays it. Is this possible, or will it be possible in the future?

Thanks for great work so far!
krizze: No it is currently not possible but it will be in the future (you are not the only one requesting it).

jeremy.skippen: Thanks for pointing it out that it works with boost 1.47. I can see from the 1.48 changelog that they changed the swap function.
Is it possible to play recordings and skip the commercials that where flagged by MythTV? Similar to the 'z' option with mythfrontend ?
first: this add on is awesome. thank you!

but I'm having a bit of a problem getting live tv to work with mythbackend 0.24 (which should be working now, right?)

when the mythbackend is at version 0.23.1 live tv through xbmc works fine, however I upgraded to mythbackend version 0.24.0 and now it fails to play live tv. here are the logs from xbmc:
http://pastebin.com/7vxUhmZy

and the log from mythbackend:
http://pastebin.com/LhUxd5K6

recordings will still play properly through xbmc with backend 0.24.0, and live tv will play fine if i use mythfrontend

other info that may be useful:
-mythbackend is running on another computer on my network which is running ubuntu 10.04 and the frontend running xbmc is on ubuntu 11.10
- i originally upgraded to mythbackend 0.24.1 but had the exact same problem trying to get live tv working through xbmc and thought the add on might not be compatible with 0.24.1 so I downgraded to 0.24.0, but same problem

it appears that everything works fine until this line:

RingBuf(/media/media/RecordedTV/.livetv/2151_20120111231830.mpg) Error: OpenFile(): File too small (0B).

where the file 2151_20120111231830.mpg is created on the server, but it has a filesize of 0 bytes and then is deleted shortly after. but like I said above, if I use mythfrontend (or schedule a recording) everything works fine

any ideas on what the problem might be? could it be that the backend is running on ubuntu 10.04?

thanks! and let me know if you need any more info/logs
chipsteroo Wrote:Is it possible to play recordings and skip the commercials that where flagged by MythTV? Similar to the 'z' option with mythfrontend ?

No, it's currently on the not working/bugs list in the main post:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=894244&postcount=1

It's planned, I believe....

Jimmer
Taadow: In the beginning I struggled a lot with the same error but it has been a long time since it last appeared. My MythTV backends is running on Mythbuntu 11.04 with the weekly 0.24.1-fixes PPA. I don't believe that the error is related to the ubuntu version.
Could you provide me with some more information about the capture card(s) you are using and a new debug log with the extended debug option enabled (in the mythtv addon configuration. It will first take effect after a restart due to a bug in the PVR code)?
thanks for the quick reply

I considered upgrading (a fresh install, actually) the server to run ubuntu 11.04 or newer, but you don't think it will have any impact? I will try upgrading mythbackend to 0.24.1 again to see if I can make any progress

Here is the new log from xbmc (with extra info enabled, sorry I thought I already had this option on the first time)
http://static.6amsoftware.com/misc/xbmc.log (I hope you don't mind that it's not on pastebin - but it wouldn't let me post anything over 500kb, and I wanted to include any information from the time xbmc started up, in case it's useful)

The capture cards I have on the server are 2 Hauppauge HD-PVRs, which both work properly with 0.23.1, but while I've been trying to get live tv to work with 0.24.0 I have disabled one of them (it's currently turned off), so right now there is only the 1 HD-PVR enabled, which is getting video through the component input and audio through SPDIF (although I have also tried using the analog input, but no change)

The exact version of MythBackend that I'm running right now is: 0.24.0+fixes.20120110.294968b-0ubuntu2 (on a 64-bit machine)

I tried googling for a solution (before I posted here, of course!) but only came up with very few posts about it, but a couple of posts (about the 0 byte file being created) seemed to think it was related to compiling mythtv against a kernel after 2.6.32-38, apparently something to do with the ivtv driver being removed from the kernel, but that doesn't seem like it should be an issue because the kernel my server is running right now is: 2.6.32-30-generic

I've also tried completely deleting the mythconverg database and starting over, since mythbackend was upgraded from 0.23.1 to 0.24.0 I thought there might be some weirdness there, but even with a new database the result was the same.

Thanks for having a look into this and let me know if there's any more info that might be helpful!
i've upgraded mythbackend to 0.24.1 (0.24.1+fixes.20120106.294968b-0ubuntu0mythbuntu1) and still getting the same issue.

here is the log from mythbackend (seems to be very similar/exactly the same as before)
http://pastebin.com/wy1mxEwj

I also tried watching live tv through the myth:// protocol in xbmc (which I believe this add on is using behind the scenes, right?) to see if there was any change. Here's the xbmc log when I tried that:
http://pastebin.com/7z2xjPiG

thanks!
  • 24(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New MythTV add-on using libcmyth8