[ATV 2] Big Time Music Bug
Hey Everyone,

I'm currently running the Sept 18th Build on ATV 2. I am having some pretty bad bugs and wanted to see if these have been resolved yet. Basically XBMC keeps crashing for me when I access my music area. It doesn't happen everytime, but a lot.

The BIG issue is when I go and try to view artist information. The album art thumb will all be the same one, in my case michael jackson. I have all my metadata in order for every single song. Also, when I try to grab information about the artist, for instance 3 doors down it will still reflect the other artist who's thumb nail is showing up for all the other artist. So Three Door Down's album info will reflect Michael Jackson.

Now here is where it gets fun. Let's say I view Three Doors Down artist information page and try to manually refresh the data. Well once in a while it will pull the proper data, but then all the artist information for everyone turns to Three Doors Down. Also, there is no way to set the content (scraper) for the artist information as a mass. You can do it indualvidual for each song, but either way it still pulls the wrong info.

I have included my log for the day. It's too big for pastebin so I have added it to my dropbox account.

Sept 18th Build
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/28587395/log.txt
How about you restart XBMC and just try the stuff that is giving you trouble.

That way there won't be a million spurious error messages from icefilms dirtying the logfile.

Someone else might be interested.
K, i'll give it a shot and see.
exiledone1 Wrote:The BIG issue is when I go and try to view artist information. The album art thumb will all be the same one, in my case michael jackson.

Did you perhaps export your artist information at some point then re-import it? For me this has caused issues similar to the one you describe. xbmc seems to expect that you have your albums organised as artist\album\tracks. When you export artist information it dumps the files in the folder above the one containing your music files. When you import it, if you have a flat folder structure like I do (artist - album\tracks), it grabs the same artist information for each album.

That's what used to happen anyway (Windows version) and it may not be your issue. I leave artist information alone these days.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[ATV 2] Big Time Music Bug0