Remove Poster Thumbs in Movie list?
I use Fanart view on both my TV Shows and Movies menus. I somehow managed to remove the posters that appear at bottom-left from TV section, but not the Movie section. I find them a little redundant, and removing those posters (thumbs?) leaves more room for plot info.

Pretty sure i was able to remove the TV posters from the Appearance settings, but I havne;t been able to remove the ones from the freaking movie section..

Any help would be great.
I have 'Hide Cases' and 'Use Extra Thumbs' both disabled in my Skin settings. I think I have to edit an .xml or 2 manually, but I'm not sure which ones.

I also tried turning them back on, then off, and nothing has made those Movie posters go away.
Well I guess it cannot be done, then. I fudged around in the Fanart .xml but nothing helped.

Perhaps a feature for next version?
i could provide some pointers, but need to know which version of T! you're using.

svn or v3.11.7?
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
to get rid of the movie-thumb, in View-Fanart.xml, line 458:

make the change in bold:

Code:
<visible>[b]!Container.Content(Movies) + [/b]!stringcompare(ListItem.Label,..) + !Window.IsVisible(VideoPlaylist)</visible>
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Groovy. thanks
Zombie thread revive.

I'm once again, looking to remove the movie thumbs, but that line is not longer in the view-fanart.xml.

I'm now using version 3.1.1.7
(2012-07-02, 08:09)argh! Wrote: Zombie thread revive.

I'm once again, looking to remove the movie thumbs, but that line is not longer in the view-fanart.xml.

I'm now using version 3.1.1.7

there's no such version.
assuming you're using T! v4.0.5 from the addon repo,
you need to edit line 500;
change:
Code:
<visible>!stringcompare(ListItem.Label,..)</visible>
to:
Code:
<visible>!Container.Content(Movies) + !stringcompare(ListItem.Label,..)</visible>
Oops. It's 3.11.7. Eden kept crashing on me so I moved back to Dharma. Single tear.

Unfortunately, you reply no longer has anything in bold, and I cannot remember which part to change..

Oh, the bold code is in there. duh.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Remove Poster Thumbs in Movie list?0