is it possible to boot XBMClive SVN without using uxlanuch
is it possible to boot XBMC live SVN without using uxlanuch?
I've been compiling the AudioEngine branch, and I had to do away with uxlaunch as for some bizarre reason, it would not allow me to get any PCM audio.

So, I have it starting, and if I kill xbmc it will restart; Didn't like the issue where I couldn't just do 'service xbmc-live stop/start' - I'd have to kill the Xorg session, then restart uxlaunch to bring up xbmc again.

I originally setup a basic script to call xbmc within /etc/init/xbmc.conf - But found a better way, via alanwww1 post (see step 5): http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=748906&postcount=1

Although I did have to modify it slightly(only because I use a user other than xbmc) - But I have xbmc starting up on boot, if it crashes, then it will respawn nicely.

But I had to compile from source first - then tested out the compile using 'xinit xbmc' - I did not install the xbmc-live package, and uxlaunch - Uninstalling xbmc-live and uxlaunch proved to be more painful than installing it - I had to rebuild from scratch again.
jesus billy that seem like a lot of work, I think I will go down the OPENelec Eden nightly route.

Just testing now and it seems a much better solution as everything just works straight off the bat.

Thanks for taking the time to reply.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
is it possible to boot XBMClive SVN without using uxlanuch0