Thanks xbmc and margro!
Just got done with
XBMC - MediaPortal TV support
Just wanted to say thanks. I appreciate the effort getting pvr into xbmc.

Fresh, first install for me of xbmcpvr and mediaportal backend. Barebones install and tweaking to get analog and hd ota channels. It works well and watching tv seems stable in the few minutes i have had after setup and install. I am using mediaportal pvr client (ffmpeg) on a client pc otherwise i would have tried (TSReader) Hauppage WinTV-HVR-2250 on Windows 7.

For now i will propably use mediaportal for tv/pvr functions.

The killer for me at the moment is live analog channel audio, i suspect the following is relevant to my issue:
Quote:margro
2011-05-19, 22:57
Okay, now i see the cause of the audio problem here...
The video stream is inside the program section and the audio stream is outside the program section, therefore XBMC ignores the audio stream.
Its a bug inside the transport stream itself or XBMC's ffmpeg library fails/forgets to add the audio stream into the program section.

If this strange stream detection is still true for the newer ffmpeg library inside the XBMC master branch, a workaround would be to try audio streams outside the program section if XBMC cannot find one inside...

I wonder what development plans lie ahead. I wonder if i should have used For The Record, mythtv or whatever instead of mediaportal.

In the end I want xbmc to be my only front end.

This looks promising. Thanks again.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Thanks xbmc and margro!0