Slide Show Fanart question - how to?
I appologize in advance - I know this question is answered in other posts but having a hard time piecing this together.

I run XBMC on an HTPC with Aeon MQ2 (MQ3 looks great by the way)

I see many different postings with various Fanart such as the pic I have posted.

1. Is this someone just changing the backround? or is it like a slide show of the various movie pics in their folder?

2. If it is some sort of slide show is this only available by editing the xml file (like i have read) or are there any add ons that could help me manage this?

3. These types of slide shows (if they exist) can they use different "pics" for your movies vs. your TV shows etc .... ?

Sorry if there are too many quesitons here -

Thanks in advance -

If you want it to be able to scroll through all of your fanart , go to

System-->Settings-->Skins-->Home Window Customizer

Select Fanart at the bottom right. Hope this is what you were looking for.

Im having the same issue. Leo8978, this looks like the menu options from NOX but im using Aeon MQ2. The menu options I need seem to be found in:

System>>Aeon MQ2>>Visual Effects:
  • Use Random Fanart images when Movies is selected
  • Use ramdom Fanart when TV Shows is selected

But these options are blanked out. Any idea why?
Media Server - Unraid v6, Intel G550, 4GB, 6TB

HTPC - Windows 10, Kodi 15.0, E4400, 2GB
I'm using the Video fanart splitter addon for that what you want.
It will copy the pictures to a certain folder and MQ will pick it and makes a slideshow on your main screen when you have movies or tv selected.

Cant remember if you need to change anything in mq2, dont think so
Thanks Raven! Solved my issue.

Sorry if I hijacked your thread, Dugan. What Raven suggested enabled MQ2 to use fanart from my library as the background for my Movies and TV Shows menu. In the process I learnt that there was a Dharma and Pre-Dharma version, be mindful of that.

Alternatively, you can set a folder (containing pictures) that MQ2 uses as the backgrounds for each menu option. I think its something like:

Settings>>MQ2>>Background customizer

Just select the menu option (i.e Movies) on the right, then press:
Up: for s single image
Down: for a slideshow from a folder

Hope some of that helps
Media Server - Unraid v6, Intel G550, 4GB, 6TB

HTPC - Windows 10, Kodi 15.0, E4400, 2GB

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Slide Show Fanart question - how to?0