[RELEASE] New OpenGL plugin NastyFFT
Rainbow 
Hello I'm happy to say I've finished porting my plugin to XBMC.

You can access the plugin source code and binaries at http://code.google.com/p/nastyfft/
Hope you all like it.

Works on linux and osx
Incompatible with windows or just untested?

Settings

Moving camera

sialivi Wrote:Incompatible with windows or just untested?

Should be compatible but did not tested it
Needs OpenGL and libGLU.
Tried it on ATV2 no go ..unless i'm installing it wrong
spidertnt Wrote:Tried it on ATV2 no go ..unless i'm installing it wrong

This Visualization seems to be for Dharma only, XBMC for iOS is based on pre-Eden.

Not to step on yodor's toes, for those running pre-Eden on linux(32bit) I have compiled a working version -> http://www.mediafire.com/file/1xymv2w27c...styfft.zip

Also nice work yodor... Nice to see a new visualization..
Lightbulb 
Thanks giftie, if you are interested I can add you to the commit list if you are interested. So you can upload directly at the project page.

The binary that is published for OSX works fine with XBMC version 10.1 (Dharma).

Actually I have working version for the current master branch of XBMC which they call Eden, but I did not upload this version yet.

There is some issue in the master branch(Eden) related to the visualization plugins, that hits atelast OSX. Either the audo data passed is quite big either something else I'm not sure., but all seems out of sync with the sound played. Even the waveform plugin is out of sync. Tested in OSX 10.6.x

With XBMC v10.1 (Dharma) all seems fine and I get quite stable refresh @60fps and very good sync.

I'm also preparing a version with adjustable delay that will help people with some external power amplifiers to be in sync. My current aplifier delays the sound with tiny bits of mseconds and this will help.
Hi,

looks great, but how am I supposed to build it? I'm in ubuntu 64 with pre-eden and tried to compile it with guilib in the right place and so on but getting a lot of errors.

@yodor
You seems to have done it, but your binary is not working on 64 bit, any hints?

Regards
David
akezeke Wrote:Hi,

looks great, but how am I supposed to build it? I'm in ubuntu 64 with pre-eden and tried to compile it with guilib in the right place and so on but getting a lot of errors.

@yodor
You seems to have done it, but your binary is not working on 64 bit, any hints?

Regards
David

The source is only for Dharma, if you apply the patch found here, http://code.google.com/p/nastyfft/issues/detail?id=1, it will convert the source to pre-Eden compatible. Then you can complile it.
Thank you, I had missed that patch, works like a charm now!
I suppose this plugin is based on the standard OpenGL Spectum plugin. Because both plugins are very "slow" on my HTPC, FPS is like 1 or 2. And that is on a quad core machine with 4GB RAM and 1GB NVidia GFX. ProjectM runs very smooth, and I have no clue why this plugin is so slow, any idea?
I'd be happy to help test and run this on windows 7 x64, if a binary were to be released. I don't have the dev skills to do the port, but I am a software tester and would be happy to run it through its paces.
tsint Wrote:I suppose this plugin is based on the standard OpenGL Spectum plugin. Because both plugins are very "slow" on my HTPC, FPS is like 1 or 2. And that is on a quad core machine with 4GB RAM and 1GB NVidia GFX. ProjectM runs very smooth, and I have no clue why this plugin is so slow, any idea?

Sorry its not based on it. But both plugins use OpenGL libs to do the drawing. I suppose your opengl is not accelerated at all or you have some miss-configuration. fps should stay at 60fps on core2duo gma950 if opengl is accelerated.
Where can i find the addon zip to install it on XBMC for Windows?
this is an openGL visualization. windows uses direct3D. stop the futile nagging already Wink

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] New OpenGL plugin NastyFFT0