script.extrafanartdownloader development
paddycarey Wrote:New version uploaded, should hopefully work on smb:// now, but i don't use smb:// so haven't tested it.

Could someone let me know if it's working?

Cheers Smile

Will do after work. Could of used another week of vacation tough Sad
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
edit: use pastebin for logfiles please.
for some reason the plugin since first version has continually failed after about 3 - 10 downloads and then i have to restart xbmc and it works again. It has never produced an error in the log file and this is the first time i have seen a documentated error, so hopefully it helkps!!!
icky Wrote:for some reason the plugin since first version has continually failed after about 3 - 10 downloads and then i have to restart xbmc and it works again. It has never produced an error in the log file and this is the first time i have seen a documentated error, so hopefully it helkps!!!

Thanks for testing Smile

I've uploaded a new version and updated the link at the top of the thread, I think it should fix your problem icky.
paddycarey Wrote:Thanks for testing Smile

I've uploaded a new version and updated the link at the top of the thread, I think it should fix your problem icky.

Now you have again Version 0.1.5. in the first post, just to let you know Smile
The script now has working movie support (I hope) for anyone who's interested Smile
I tested it today and it worked flawlessly (win 7 64bit).
I only used it on the TV show since I don't feel like using extra fanart on my movies. I had some extra fanart from before, but it didn't duplicate it. There was this one show it wouldn't find any fanart, but there was no error even thenSmile

Great job!
kardesken Wrote:I tested it today and it worked flawlessly (win 7 64bit).
I only used it on the TV show since I don't feel like using extra fanart on my movies. I had some extra fanart from before, but it didn't duplicate it. There was this one show it wouldn't find any fanart, but there was no error even thenSmile

Great job!

Cheers for testing Smile

The script is now available in the official repo for eden if you want to download it/stay up to date.
this is working perfectly on my system as well - i have been waiting for something like this to compliment the internal scraper.

what would be a great addition is the option to pull non text fanart

also a way to clean out the library of text based fanarts - or manage them somehow from within xbmc.

keep up the good work!
distracto Wrote:what would be a great addition is the option to pull non text fanart

This bugs me aswell, but i don't believe the tvdb api provides a way to distinguish between text and non-text fanart. Good idea though, I'll look into it.
The Extrafanart Downloader now support skin integration.
For example you can use place a "Get extrafanart" button in the DialogVideoInfo which can download Extrafanart for that tvshow/movie and a slideshow of the extrafanart that you have.

More info can be found in the readme file.

The pre-eden version 0.3.7 is available in the official xbmc-repo.
The development version 0.3.9 has some additional features but skin support differs not from the stable 0.3.7.
The dev version is Dharma/Eden compatible.

Note: Dharma has no smb:// support yet.
Do you working on Music fanart support. New version has it?
biochip Wrote:Do you working on Music fanart support. New version has it?

It will in the future however not in next new release 0.4.0
We needed to be sure that it's stable and all possible errors are caught and checked and some other additions that where neccasary like the limiter.

For music fanart you can use CDart Manager made by Giftie. It only downloads fanart/logos/cdart for the artists who you have albums of.
Some small update so i'll post it here also.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?p=9...post918542

Anybody who are willing to test the Dharma or the Eden version please download it and let us know if there is any problem.

After testing both version will be added to the official xbmc repo.

There are NO changes in skin solo mode support.
Machine-Sanctum Wrote:It will in the future however not in next new release 0.4.0
We needed to be sure that it's stable and all possible errors are caught and checked and some other additions that where neccasary like the limiter.

For music fanart you can use CDart Manager made by Giftie. It only downloads fanart/logos/cdart for the artists who you have albums of.

All artists can be easily added to cdART Manager(I posted about this a while ago but really did not get any responses) The only problem is if the Artist folder does not exist in the 'Music Library Path', ie an artist from a Compilation CD, the script would make a folder in the path for this artist. Not a problem, but just creates a somewhat empty folder(just images, no music) in the users music library(if that is what 'Music Library Path' is set to.) I personnally have my 'Music Library Path' set to an artwork only path(logos, fanarts only) which keeps my music library nice and clean.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
script.extrafanartdownloader development3