• 8(current)
XBMP/XBMC Logo Contest
(gamester17 @ april 13 2004,12:32 Wrote:
(venezia @ april 13 2004,12:30 Wrote:i don't know if it's too late
sorry but yes it is too late for the contest
doesn't mind, apologize Image
xbmc is a work of genius and i totally love it. one thing that's been bugging me is the logo. it's "xbmc media center". so the "xb" stands for xbox and the "mc" stand for media center. okay, cool. so why after this is there "media center". surely, that means the whole thing now reads...
"xbox media center media center".

it's not a big deal, just bugs me.
yeah, like atm machine :d
think outside the box for a while - to some people 'xbmc' alone doesn't mean too much. labelling it media center makes its purpose obvious to the casual viewer.

the function of the logo (of any logo for that matter) is to communicate a product to a wider audience. if you're already sold on xbmc, you've nothing to worry about!

t
read the xbmc online-manual, faq and search the forums before posting! do not e-mail the xbmc-team asking for support!
read/follow the forum rules! note! team-xbmc never have and never will host or distribute ms-xdk binaries/executables!
i don't agree that the function of a logo is to communicate the product or explain what it is. many major companies have logos with no text whatsoever. for example, the apple macintosh logo has no text. furthermore, that particular logo does not, in any way, seem to imply what the company does.

i think that the function of a logo is to identify the manufacturer. when you see and recognise a logo you identify the manufacturer and recall past, hopefully good quality, products they created.

in any event, it's rare to see logos with obvious errors in it such as the xbmc logo Sad
(maverick808 @ april 27 2004,00:21 Wrote:i don't agree that the function of a logo is to communicate the product or explain what it is. many major companies have logos with no text whatsoever. for example, the apple macintosh logo has no text. furthermore, that particular logo does not, in any way, seem to imply what the company does.

i think that the function of a logo is to identify the manufacturer. when you see and recognise a logo you identify the manufacturer and recall past, hopefully good quality, products they created.

in any event, it's rare to see logos with obvious errors in it such as the xbmc logo Sad
dont be an ass. it wasnt an error, if it was an error it would have been edited out.
i'm not being an ass. i honestly think it is indeed an oversight. don't you think "xbox media center media center" sounds a little silly?

as it's the official logo now i guess there's no point discussing it anymore.
this is my deal:
it says
Quote:x b m c
media center
how will peopl know what the xb means

now if it said:
Quote:x b m c
xbox media center
then the logo would not bother me as much. just having the "media center" throws it off.

tell him to shrink the text and add xbox in front of the media center.

this will decrese the "media center" text so it does not stand out as much, at the same time, it will serve to spell out the acronym for those who are completely clueless.
reading must be magical or something, it's how i find all da anwsers!
------
Ubuntu 8.10 (64bit) | AMD Sempron 2600+ | ATi 2400HD Pro | Asus AE1 Barebone ---- Ubuntu 9.04RC (64bit) | AMD 5000+ | BIOSTAR TA790GX XE w/ ATi 3300
problem is that the word xbox alone is a ms trademark and it's copywrited, however we can use "xboxmediacenter" in one word  Image

@those who don't like the main logo, please look in the logo package, it contains several alternatives, at least one should suit you Image
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
  • 8(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMP/XBMC Logo Contest0