XBMC official logo finalized!
tamper has finalized the official xboxmediacenter logo and these are the two main logos:
Image    Image
please download xbmc_official logo_package_v1.0 for more alternatives and usage-rules.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
the example skin that is in the pdf file looks incredible!
puts the one i am working on right now to absolute shame

back to the drawing board Image
great logo by the way... you guys should have t-shirts with this logo... i already got the xbox-scene one... i would surely pick this up too.. if  it came out...
nice- congratulations to you tamper on the logo

i totally echo webmaster_p's sentiments about the new skin, please tell me this skin will be coming to fruition in some form Huh

on possible minor request if its possible- is there a squareish icon (or at least the lozenge on a square transparent/coloured background) that can be resized to 120x120 for alternate dash's to display xbmc? all the icons in the pack are very elongated, and resizing kind of ruins the effect (to me anyway)

my image editing skills only extend to paint and m$ photo editor so doing it myself isn't gonna do the logo justice Wink
great looking logo.. and i agree that skin in the .pdf file looks great!

i also would like to have a logo file to use that would work in avalaunch or other dashboard that incorporates displaying icons...

it seems like a lot of thought has been placed in "branding" of xbmc.. great job...
is logo going to be included in the cvs?... so that when people build the default.xbe for xbmc, the logo will be automatically be included, like all the xbox games have the logo is included in the defualt.xbe.

thanks! Smile looks great btw.
well i dont really agree with the coloring part, since this logo looks great when a skin is made around it, but it just dosnt fit skins like xme. i'll remove my mods to the original .png and start using the text based one, but the other one has so much more style.

i would really like it if you reconsidered the coloring rule, there are many companies that have a logo that they can put in any color and it is still recognizable, nike and apple to name two.

wabid
once the xbmc brand is as recognisable as nike or apple, there will probably be scope for additional flexibility Smile

for now, it's important to maintain consistency in appearance. the various versions allow for quite a bit of flexibility (although i guess you can't please everyone) and it sounds like the single-colour version would be most suitable for you...
read the xbmc online-manual, faq and search the forums before posting! do not e-mail the xbmc-team asking for support!
read/follow the forum rules! note! team-xbmc never have and never will host or distribute ms-xdk binaries/executables!
i just got rid of it for now, replaced it with the initials bb, for the skin, but it still was definatly xbmc even with diff colors.

on another note, im not trying to fight this or anything, and i am compying with the rules, but since the logo is open source dosnt anyone have the right to mod it if they want to?
Quote:on another note, im not trying to fight this or anything, and i am compying with the rules, but since the logo is open source dosnt anyone have the right to mod it if they want to?

hmm...that's an interesting question - not least because it opens up a debate of just how much of an os project is really 'open'. i wouldn't have thought that work around the periphery of the core software development was covered in the same way.

anyway, the point is moot. i can't stop anyone doing anything they like with the xbmc logo, and even releasing skins with modified versions. however, this undermines the point of having any sort of official identity.

personally, i feel that we just can't get into a situation where some custom modifications are okay, and others go 'too far'. certainly i don't have time to pronounce on that, and i'm sure no-one would want me to either. therefore the best solution is to have a set of general guidelines which suggest appropriate usage.

i really believe that the logo versions, in conjunction with the guidelines, give most skin designers scope to incorporate xbmc branding into their creations. admittedly, it's going to be hardest on those trying to retro-fit the branding into an existing skin, but going forward i'd expect to see far more new skins being released than the handful currently available.
read the xbmc online-manual, faq and search the forums before posting! do not e-mail the xbmc-team asking for support!
read/follow the forum rules! note! team-xbmc never have and never will host or distribute ms-xdk binaries/executables!
is that skinning competition still running? if it is, then people who are working on skins which do fit this logo are going to be having a better time than those whose skins don't. :-)
(trejkaz @ may 03 2004,03:12 Wrote:is that skinning competition still running?  if it is, then people who are working on skins which do fit this logo are going to be having a better time than those whose skins don't. :-)
yep its still running, but there is no requirement to use the official logo.
oh, i know that. i was just suggesting that skins coming in which do feature the new logo might subliminally cause them to be seen as higher quality. :-)
(trejkaz @ may 03 2004,23:47 Wrote:oh, i know that.  i was just suggesting that skins coming in which do feature the new logo might subliminally cause them to be seen as higher quality. :-)
well i doubt we have to choose the winner. we have 20 modchips to give away in this contest. so unles there will be more than 20 skins in this competition (which will not happen) every skin is a winner.

(wabidwoveren @ may 01 2004,01:55 Wrote:since the logo is open source dosnt anyone have the right to mod it if they want to?
who said the logo is open source, it's not Image
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC official logo finalized!0