'Reboot only gone?
i just 'upgraded' to the april 1 version. some of the new features i like. the samba user/pass feature is great. it's a shame it won't temporarily cache that when switching from videos to music, but i'm not complaining about it yet.

what i am complaining about is on the 'home' screen, where the yellow toggle provides a function menu, that menu used to provide more options, like reset/reboot/shutdown/dashboard. i especially liked that when i chose reboot, it gave me an extra option to choose between rebooting the whole xbox or just xbmc. yes, i know that a button menu offering these comes up when you press the right thumbstick, but the reboot xbmc only option is gone, and you can't get to those buttons with the remote.

another gripe... didn't 'b' used to work as a back button too? why has this been de-functioned? browsing around, it's much easier to back up with the 'b' button than the 'back' button. it works browsing file structures, but doesn't let you back all the way up to the top menu.

finally thing...
i'm not sure if it's an avalaunch thing or an xbmc thing. in ava, i have the option to update xbmc when new versions come out, but it overwrites my settings. workaround?

gracias.
1. remote only

2. no

3. ask avalaunch
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

(pike @ april 03 2005,19:16 Wrote:2. no
right, that was a a breach of consistency already there in previous versions. although i haven't been able to come up with a reason why it should be done like this. the original xbox dashboard has the 'b' as a back button so it was a natural choice to use it in xbmc with the same function. however why not all the way up to the top level?
<span style=\'color:darkblue\'>chetwood's dvd snippets</span>

tools n' guides to automate/enhance the process of ripping dvds with dvd shrink
home of multishrink: a small tool to enable dvd shrink batch processing
because then it is inconsistent.

b is up a dir.

back is up a menu level.

this is how it's always been.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

it wouldn't harm anyone to do as most users seem to expect which is that 'b' brings you back to the topmost level whether it's dir or menu.
<span style=\'color:darkblue\'>chetwood's dvd snippets</span>

tools n' guides to automate/enhance the process of ripping dvds with dvd shrink
home of multishrink: a small tool to enable dvd shrink batch processing

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
'Reboot only gone?0