Need hd output from xbox
hi

i read several postings here on how to rip your personal dvd's and view from xbox hard drive. i would like to understand the upscaling options that are available at this time.  my setup goes like this:

*modded xbox (x3) and hd pack with component and optical cables
*pioneer plasma

i copy my personal dvd contents to my xbox harddrive using dvd2xbox. use xbmc my videos menu and locate the vob files. stack them and view in one shot. offcourse i do not get menu options.

so far i have only been able to get 480p. some have mentioned that they were able to upscale to hd and i assume 720p or 1080i. could anyone please tell me how to  accomplish that?

i really want to watch my movies upscaled to hd without loosing quality. i am sure my pioneer 1120hd will enhance the experience if xbox can send a 1080i or 720p output.

can someone please tell me if this is even possible and if so, how?

thanks
vinny
set the options in the ms dash.

they're then available to choose in settings->appearance.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

with xboxdash, i was unable to get even 480p. i tried the progpatcher but it did not find anything to change on the xbe file. once i changed to xbmc.xbe as my default player i atleast get 480p. allthough i just remembered not testing one thing.

i did not rip the file and watch it using xboxdash.xbe. i assumed just by setting the appearance to hidef it will automatically upscale the output when i  put the dvd in the tray. are you suggesting i rip it the way i did, and then set it to play using xboxdash?

please confirm.
are you running xbmc in 720p or 1080i? if so, skip to step 5.

1. plug in the hdtv pack.

2. run the ms dash. it doesn't matter if it doesn't run in 480p.

3. go to video settings in the ms dash, and enable the modes that your tv can do (480p, 720p, 1080i).

4. reset and run xbmc. you'll probably be in 1080i. if not, go to gui settings->appearance and cycle the resolution to whatever you want. i suggest 720p with a plasma - you get better vertical resolution than from 1080i.

5. play a video. if it plays at 480p (you can tell by pressing start once) then stop it and go to settings->my videos. switch on the "upsample to gui resolution".

now, we have an online manual. see the link in my sig. it needs work. this would be an ideal submission. i suggest you add it.

cheers,
jonathan
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

thanks. i will try this tonight. i have enabled 1080i and 720p in xboxdash. i will again make it as my default player. meanwhile i do need to make the settings adjustement in the xbmc as u indicated.

just to confirm, i assume it does not matter if u play the dvd movie from the disc or play the ripped copy from the hard drive. as long as i follow the above steps, it should indicate on my tv that the feed is 720p or 1080i. correct.
exactly. the ms dash dvd player has nothing to do with this discussion at all.

if you have already enabled 720p/1080i in the ms dash settings, then xbmc will detect them and allow you to set them up.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Need hd output from xbox0