• 2(current)
[RELEASE] DFAtmo the driver for Atmolight controllers
tocinillo Wrote:Wow! Amazing! Works on Win 7 with "Use true fullscreen..." option and Aero enabled? Anyone was tested?

Thanks!

DFAtmo captured the video directly from the video renderer of XBMC. As a
consequence of this only the content of the currently played video is analyzed.
No OSD, no XBMC Dialogs and no Windows from other Programs or Desktop content are included.
And it does not matter if the video is played fullscreen or Areo is enabled.
bobo1on1 Wrote:Do you have a description of the df10ch protocol so I can add it to boblight?

For adding DF10CH to boblight i recommend using the output driver of DFAtmo.
The DF10CH comes with a nice graphical setup program that makes configuring one or more controllers to your light hardware very easy.
The controllers store this configuration in eeprom and the output driver rely on this configuration data.

I have added a example file "df10chskeleton.c" how to program against the output driver interface.
From the DFAtmo project you need the files "df10choutputdriver.c", "dfatmo.h" and "df10ch_usb_proto.h".
If you want to load the driver dynamically at runtime like DFAtmo does have a look into "atmodriver.h" for load/unload functions.
Great news!!

I have a momolight, same as atmolight, but built with a PIC controller instead of an Atmel one.

Does this plugin work with it? Boblight does, but using the proper configuration file.

Thanks!!
werwer Wrote:Great news!!

I have a momolight, same as atmolight, but built with a PIC controller instead of an Atmel one.

Does this plugin work with it? Boblight does, but using the proper configuration file.

Thanks!!

I never tested this hardware. If it is connected through a serial port you may have a good chance that it works with the serial output driver of DFAtmo.
You need some description of the protocol on the serial port that is used by your device.
The protocol that the DFAtmo serial output driver used could be configured with the "driver_parm" parameter. Have a look into the README how this works.
I'll try it.
It uses serial port (well, a USB to serial port converter), and as I said boblight works with it with no problems.

I will tell you if i'm succesful.
Ok, my latest tests seems that the add-on works perfectly with "Use tru fullscreen..." option, but DOESN'T work with Aero...anymore tested this?

Thanks very much!
tocinillo Wrote:Ok, my latest tests seems that the add-on works perfectly with "Use tru fullscreen..." option, but DOESN'T work with Aero...anymore tested this?

Thanks very much!

Here it works with Windows 7 and xbmc nightly build on a eepc 901.
I testet fullscreen and windowed mode and every renderer mode
(dxva, pixel shaders, software).
What exact environment and settings do you have?
OK, I'm sorry, I surrender.

I am a completely noob on Linux, and I can't figure out how to compile and install the add-on for XBMC.

I don't know what to download from the github, how to compile, where look for it in the hard drive...

Could anyone do an "install DFAtmo addon in linux for dummies" or make a regular .zip to install the addon?

Please? please? please? No
werwer Wrote:OK, I'm sorry, I surrender.

I am a completely noob on Linux, and I can't figure out how to compile and install the add-on for XBMC.

I don't know what to download from the github, how to compile, where look for it in the hard drive...

Could anyone do an "install DFAtmo addon in linux for dummies" or make a regular .zip to install the addon?

Please? please? please? No
What exact Linux platform and atmolight controller hardware your are using?
Hi durchflieger,

I am using Ubuntu 11.04, and a Momolight device.

It is made with a PIC microcontroller and only 3 areas (left, up and right) instead of an Atmel controller.

I think that it should work, because there is no problem using boblight. In essence, it works in the same way as an Atmolight, with the same serial protocol.

In windows it works with no problem.
durchflieger Wrote:Here it works with Windows 7 and xbmc nightly build on a eepc 901.
I testet fullscreen and windowed mode and every renderer mode
(dxva, pixel shaders, software).
What exact environment and settings do you have?

Oh! sorry, yes, works fine with Aero enabled!!!!!!!!!!

THANKS THANKS AND VERY THANKS!
will this work with amblonehttp://www.amblone.com?
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
Lunatixz Wrote:will this work with amblonehttp://www.amblone.com?

I added "amblone" protocol to serial output driver.

Example of a configuration for windows:
driver -> "serial"
driver_param -> "COM1;speed=?;amblone:;proto=amblone"
Areas -> top=1, bottom=1, left=1, right=1

I do not find any hint which transmission speed is supported by the controller over the serial line.
You have to find it out yourself.

If you need you can configure the mapping from areas to controller channels
individually with the "proto:" option within driver_param.
Have a look into DFAtmo README and the Amblone protocol documentation
how this works.

Notice: Because i do not have this hardware i could not test it!
werwer Wrote:Hi durchflieger,

I am using Ubuntu 11.04, and a Momolight device.

It is made with a PIC microcontroller and only 3 areas (left, up and right) instead of an Atmel controller.

I think that it should work, because there is no problem using boblight. In essence, it works in the same way as an Atmolight, with the same serial protocol.

In windows it works with no problem.

I am not aware if there are ppa's with recent builds of xbmc for natty (Ubuntu 11.04). You need a recent pre-Eden xbmc version for DFAtmo.
Yes, I am using one of the latest version of XBMC pre-Eden.

Since I'm a Windows user and know practically nothing about Linux, I'm getting trouble in installing your addon. I want to use the lights only with XBMC, and that's why I'd like to install your software instad of Boblight X11.

What I don't know is:
1. What to download from the GIT (folders and/or files), and where to store it in the hdd.
2. If I need to download anything from any other web, what files and where to store them.
3. What commands do I need to write.

For example, in the readme it's written:

"For ubuntu there exists a debian package build you can use to build all components
in one step with:
dpkg-buildpackage -b -D -tc -sd -us -uc
This generates the two deb packages "dfatmo" and "libxine-dfatmo-plugin". The
"dfatmo" package also contains the XBMC addon zip file which will be installed
to "/usr/lib/dfatmo".
To build only the "dfatmo" package there exists a dedicated debian control
file "debian/control-dfatmo-only". Copy this file to "debian/control" before
executing the dpkg-buildpackage command."

Does it work if I write directly in the command line that line?
Do I have to download anything before?

I'm sure that this are pretty basic concept doubts about linux, but as I've said I'm a completely noob.

I would be very grateful if you could help me.

Thanks in advance.
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] DFAtmo the driver for Atmolight controllers1