• 4(current)
[RELEASE] DFAtmo the driver for Atmolight controllers
Trying to get it to work with the sedu board. anybody tried this
Can you please elaborate a bit about configuring the areas? I've read several times the README but still I have problems to understand the areas and sections.

I have a light setup with 3 lights on the top and 2 on both sides. With boblight configuration I was able to slice the screen up so that it nicely mapped to the lights but with this I'm not sure.

If anyone is interested, I'm using ShiftBars with arduino to drive the LED stripes.

Thanks,
-erix-
too bad AtmoLight from Carsten Presser is poorly designed.
I found a flicker issue which he could not resolve and he refused to give me my money back.

So I can't recommend this hardware, and I bet that KarateLight also has this issue.

Don't say I didn't warn you Sad
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

erix Wrote:Can you please elaborate a bit about configuring the areas? I've read several times the README but still I have problems to understand the areas and sections.

I have a light setup with 3 lights on the top and 2 on both sides. With boblight configuration I was able to slice the screen up so that it nicely mapped to the lights but with this I'm not sure.

If anyone is interested, I'm using ShiftBars with arduino to drive the LED stripes.

Thanks,
-erix-

Well maybe the label text i choose for the "Areas" dialog within the plugin settings dialog does confuse you a little bit. I think i will change these.

Similar to boblight you can slice the screen in DFAtmo. Each slice is called a "Section". Each Section has a location on the screen. These locations are called "Areas". DFAtmo knows the basic areas Top, Bottom, Left, Right which represents the four borders of the screen , the more special areas TopLeft, TopRight, BottomLeft, BottomRight which represents the corners of the screen and the center area which represents the hole screen.
You can have up to 128 sections in each basic area.
The sections are sliced in this way that each section has the same length
along the border.

Here are two examples of possible layouts for your installation.
Your LED strips in each section should cover the border
from + to + . You should choose the layout that best fits with
your installation.

Code:
[font=Fixedsys]Top 3, Bottom 2, Left 2:

+--T1--+--T2--+--T3--+
I                                    I
L1                                 R1
+                                  +
L2                                 R2
+                                  +

Top 1, Left 2, Right 2, TopLeft, TopRight:

TL--+--T1--+--TR
I                        I
+                      +
L1                     R1
+                      +
L2                     R2
+                      +
[/font]
I hope this helps a little bit.

Edit: I am struggling with the alignment of the layout inside the code section of this article. I already choose a fixed size font but alignment of spaces is going wrong. Can anybody give me a hint about that?

- durchflieger
Hello!

First, apologize for my bad English (thank goodness that there is google translator)

Use Carsten Atmolight Presser from Windows 7 64b with 4 strips of LEDs (one for each side of the television)
I have configured the port com3 atmolight, using the drivers that automatically detects windows.

Perfect, but I've seen in scenes where bright colors predominates (red, orange ...) there are abrupt changes. What option should I play to avoid that?

Thanks for everything.
yadiel Wrote:Hello!

First, apologize for my bad English (thank goodness that there is google translator)

Use Carsten Atmolight Presser from Windows 7 64b with 4 strips of LEDs (one for each side of the television)
I have configured the port com3 atmolight, using the drivers that automatically detects windows.

Perfect, but I've seen in scenes where bright colors predominates (red, orange ...) there are abrupt changes. What option should I play to avoid that?

Thanks for everything.

I am not sure what you really mean is going wrong.
Does DFAtmo display sometimes the wrong colors?
If this is the case you should play with "Analysis/Power of edge weighting" and maybe increase "Analysis/Limit of black pixel" to 10.
If your TV displays your video with some overscan (that means your TV zooms your video a little bit so that parts of the borders of the video are outside of the displayed area and invisible to you) you should compensate this with "Analysis/Ignored overscan border of analyzed image". As a example my LG LCD-TV has a overscan of 3.1%. So i use value 31 to compensate this.

If brightness is wrong try toggling "Analysis/Calculate uniform brightness" and/or change value of "Filters/Brightness".

If colors are not in time to displayed video picture try using "Filters/Delay for output send to controller". Some TV's have a delay of some frames in there display queue so that DFAtmo is ahead of the displayed video picture.

If the colors are changed to quick for your taste then set "Filters/Filter threshold" to 99 and all other Filters parameters to default. This gives you very smooth color changes.
durchflieger Wrote:I am not sure what you really mean is going wrong.
Does DFAtmo display sometimes the wrong colors?
If this is the case you should play with "Analysis/Power of edge weighting" and maybe increase "Analysis/Limit of black pixel" to 10.
If your TV displays your video with some overscan (that means your TV zooms your video a little bit so that parts of the borders of the video are outside of the displayed area and invisible to you) you should compensate this with "Analysis/Ignored overscan border of analyzed image". As a example my LG LCD-TV has a overscan of 3.1%. So i use value 31 to compensate this.

If brightness is wrong try toggling "Analysis/Calculate uniform brightness" and/or change value of "Filters/Brightness".

If colors are not in time to displayed video picture try using "Filters/Delay for output send to controller". Some TV's have a delay of some frames in there display queue so that DFAtmo is ahead of the displayed video picture.

If the colors are changed to quick for your taste then set "Filters/Filter threshold" to 99 and all other Filters parameters to default. This gives you very smooth color changes.

Durchflieger I LOVE YOU!!!!

I change the value of Filter threshold to 99 and ALL PERFECT!!!

Thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
anybody got this working on a dmx controller. can"t seem to get it working
i am using 78 channels right now, based on athmostripes together with boblight.

See here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Q94OljzPfc

& other vids...

I want to do some scripts with different modes, fast, slow and so on with lirc and my remote, how to do so?
Krautmaster Wrote:i am using 78 channels right now, based on athmostripes together with boblight.

See here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Q94OljzPfc

& other vids...

I want to do some scripts with different modes, fast, slow and so on with lirc and my remote, how to do so?

Currently not out of the box. Such extensions could be implemented within "dfatmo.py". But you need some python programming skill and free time to do it.
Small problem: Whenever I wake my htpc from s3 (suspend to ram) I have to restart dfatmo, because otherwise the following error comes up when starting a movie: Output driver error: writing to serial port failed!

Then I can simply stop and start dfatmo via the xbmc-gui and it works!

How can I fix this? Ubuntu 10.04 with preEden.
The serial port needs to be reopened from the addon after a resume from suspend.
bobo1on1 Wrote:The serial port needs to be reopened from the addon after a resume from suspend.

Is this something I can do? Has dfatmo to be changed or is there any kind of workaround available? google didn't really help...
The code needs changes.
snipah Wrote:Small problem: Whenever I wake my htpc from s3 (suspend to ram) I have to restart dfatmo, because otherwise the following error comes up when starting a movie: Output driver error: writing to serial port failed!

Then I can simply stop and start dfatmo via the xbmc-gui and it works!

How can I fix this? Ubuntu 10.04 with preEden.

Please try latest version from git. Please give feedback if issue is fixed.
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] DFAtmo the driver for Atmolight controllers1