• 5(current)
[RELEASE] DFAtmo the driver for Atmolight controllers
durchflieger Wrote:Please try latest version from git. Please give feedback if issue is fixed.

...just tried and updated from git. Error is still present. Still have to stop and restart the plugin, then it works...
snipah Wrote:...just tried and updated from git. Error is still present. Still have to stop and restart the plugin, then it works...

Please set log level to DEBUG in DFAtmo addon settings, produce error and email me the xbmc.log file.
Hi durchflieger!

Just one more question...

Is it possible to put white lights on AtmoLight when an image appears black with other colors (starry sky, for example) on the TV?

The question I do it because when these images appear on television, the lights flash (I think that its appear beceause DFAtmo recognizes the stairs colours and the black of sky continuously...).

Thanks in advance!
tocinillo Wrote:Hi durchflieger!

Just one more question...

Is it possible to put white lights on AtmoLight when an image appears black with other colors (starry sky, for example) on the TV?

The question I do it because when these images appear on television, the lights flash (I think that its appear beceause DFAtmo recognizes the stairs colours and the black of sky continuously...).

Thanks in advance!

Maybe playing with these settings will help:

If brightness is wrong try toggling "Analysis/Calculate uniform brightness".

If the colors are changed to quick for your taste then raise "Filters/Filter threshold" up to 99 and all other Filters parameters to default. This gives you very smooth color changes.
Now in git Repository of the DFAtmo there is (still untested) support for the Karatelight controller.
It should run with the following parameters:

driver-> serial
driver_param-> "/dev/ttyUSB?;speed:?;proto:karatelight"

Of course the question marks should be substituted with sensible values.
To evaluate the concrete device as well as the baudrate the controllers expects is up to you.

The standard protocol of DFAtmo has the following mapping of sections to the 8 channels (in ascending order) of Karatelight:
Left 1, Right 1, top 1, Bottom 1, Left 2, Right 2, top 2, Bottom 2

In the README you will find detailed information how to adapt this mapping individually.

Would be nice if someone of the owners of a controller tried this out.

Have fun!
- durchflieger
Hi durchflieger!

Sadly, I don't have time right now to continue testing your add-on with my hardware. I will tell you as soon as I start again, so, if you want, you could make it more universal.

Thanks for all your help you gave me some time ago. It's been rude by my side never answer you again, sorry.

Keep up the good work!!
I think, that this Arduino-power Ambilight Clone will also work as well...

http://www.ladyada.net/make/adalight/

Does anyone know a good out-of-the-box ambilight clone for XBMC/WINDOWS/LINUX (VU+ Satellite receiver in my case).

I would go for Adaligh though.
Here's my Adalight working (got it hooked up last Friday).
I'm using Boblight, with 2 Executor scripts mapped to my Harmony One (turn on/off).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rl6UNtkBW2U
durchflieger Wrote:Now in git Repository of the DFAtmo there is (still untested) support for the Karatelight controller.
It should run with the following parameters:

driver-> serial
driver_param-> "/dev/ttyUSB?;speed:?;proto:karatelight"

Would be nice if someone of the owners of a controller tried this out.
Thank you very much for this patch.
Its implementation is way better then the hacks I was trying to copy-paste-code Smile

It runs like a charm!

You dont need to pass the speed-parameter since KarateLight uses the cdc-acm driver which autoconfigures the speed.
It works with the default settings, so no need to specify 'speed'.

For my Left2,Top3,Right2,Bottom1 Setup I use the following driver_parm string (for win32):
Code:
COM2;proto:xAA|x12|CX|24|Gl|Bl|Rl|Gr|Br|Rr|Gt|Bt|Rt|Gb|Bb|Rb|Gl2|Bl2|Rl2|Gr2|Br2|Rr2|Gt2|Bt2|Rt2|Gb2|Bb2|Rb2
This is quite Offtopic since it is not directly XBMC related.
MrHenky Wrote:Does anyone know a good out-of-the-box ambilight clone for XBMC/WINDOWS/LINUX (VU+ Satellite receiver in my case).
There is a native AtmoLight Plugin for Enigma2 based Receivers:
http://www.vuplus-support.org/wbb2/threa...eadid=9056
(only in German, sorry)
The software supports AtmoLight, AMBX and KarateLight controllers.
Support for SEDU-Board controllers (similar aproach as Adalight with WS801 pixels) is currently in development by mamba0815.
cpresser Wrote:This is quite Offtopic since it is not directly XBMC related.

There is a native AtmoLight Plugin for Enigma2 based Receivers:
http://www.vuplus-support.org/wbb2/threa...eadid=9056
(only in German, sorry)
The software supports AtmoLight, AMBX and KarateLight controllers.
Support for SEDU-Board controllers (similar aproach as Adalight with WS801 pixels) is currently in development by mamba0815.

Thank's for the answer to my offtopic question. Since I can stream the video from my receiver to my XBMC setup, I'll do have a nice workaround. I was also aware of the AtmoLight Plugin but I wasn't sure about the Adalight compatibility. Good to know that someone took care about this.

Adalight seems to be indeed the most noob friendly setup. You should put that on your page too. Smile

Btw. Deutsch ist kein Problem, wohne seit jeher in Bremen Wink
Hi durchflieger,

is it possible to use 2 hardware devices at the same like in boblight? I recently upgraded to a karatelight and still have my "old" 4ch atmo light lying around. In boblight it should be possible to create 2 devices that run at the same time... would this work in DFAtmo too?
ingrimsch Wrote:Hi durchflieger,

is it possible to use 2 hardware devices at the same like in boblight? I recently upgraded to a karatelight and still have my "old" 4ch atmo light lying around. In boblight it should be possible to create 2 devices that run at the same time... would this work in DFAtmo too?

Currently DFAtmo has multiple controller support for the DF10CH controller. The distribution of data is done within the output driver of this controller.
The underlying output driver concept is able to create multiple output driver instances. But the DFAtmo xbmc python script has to be extended to handle multiple instances and distribute the data among these instances.
Hi everyone!

Its possible add dfatmo to favourites for turn off/on atmolight? I tried but when I run the favourite I get an error message (output serial port error) but If I launch dfatmo under "programs" section atmolight stops correctly....

Any ideas?

Thanks!!!
hello and sorry for my poor english,
i have 4ch atmi light and want use it DFAtmo.
left/right ch no prob
but i want 2 ch for top
so i want change that top is top-left and button is top-right
is that possible, and how i can make this?
many thanks
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] DFAtmo the driver for Atmolight controllers1