Best external Blu-ray playback software with Harmony remote?
I am wondering if someone has worked out the best external Blu-ray playback software that plays nicely with Harmony remotes.

I am currently running XBMC pre-Eden under Win 7 64bit and have Total Media Theater 5 integrated to launch when a Blu-ray is inserted. On the hardware side of things I am using an HP IR receiver with a Logitech Harmony One configured per this guide. I am finding that many of the buttons on the Harmony like the arrow keys just flat out do not work with this config. While I have a wireless keyboard and mouse, I would prefer to use the Harmony for day to day media playback. If anyone has any suggestions on a config I can use I would really appreciate it!
Total Media Theater 5 have been by far the best blu-ray client for me with my Harmony. You should start the uMCEDVDPlayer.exe which is more HTPC and remote friendly.

Try and check/uncheck keyboard-support in settings.
Kemical Wrote:I am finding that many of the buttons on the Harmony like the arrow keys just flat out do not work with this config.

I have used exactly this setup with no problems. The key point is that the Harmony is just emulating an HP handset and it's the HP receiver that needs to be configured. I did this using the MCERemote add-on (I'm biased since I wrote the add-on :-) but EliteGamer360's scripts work just as well. See http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Usi...in_Windows for details.

JR
I use PowerDVD 11 ultra in cinema mode and a harmony one, I would say they are probably right about using TMT5. I have had some issues with my setup but if you use autohotkey you can get it to do what you want without remapping your MCE remote keys. Also, if plan on giving the PowerDVD demo a try, make sure you have BD-J Keyboard Support disabled as it kills the PowerDVD key shortcuts.
Thanks for the tips everyone. The combination of installing the MCERemote add-on and switching my batch files to call uMCEDVDPlayer.exe got me 99% of the functionality I needed in TMT5. The only thing I need to work out now is how to map a button on the Harmony One to do a right-click so that I can bring up the menus in uMCEDVDPlayer.exe.
Kemical Wrote:Thanks for the tips everyone. The combination of installing the MCERemote add-on and switching my batch files to call uMCEDVDPlayer.exe got me 99% of the functionality I needed in TMT5. The only thing I need to work out now is how to map a button on the Harmony One to do a right-click so that I can bring up the menus in uMCEDVDPlayer.exe.

I recommend autohotkey for stuff like that. I have mine set up so that ctrl+d, my harmony's info button, press the first emulates a right mouse click (shows menu) and press again emulates a left mouse click (hide menu), rinse and repeat. :-)
CoinTos Wrote:I recommend autohotkey for stuff like that. I have mine set up so that ctrl+d, my harmony's info button, press the first emulates a right mouse click (shows menu) and press again emulates a left mouse click (hide menu), rinse and repeat. :-)

So if I understand right, I can make P be Play (and other keys needed) in TMT (PDVD) when TMT (PDVD) is running. And when TMT (PDVD) is closing, it goes back to normal. P is P.
Petter :-)
Many thanks for all the effort YOU all do! THANKS! :-)
nVidia Shield TV (2015), Samsung QE75Q70R and Yamaha RX-V767

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Best external Blu-ray playback software with Harmony remote?0