Seagate GoFlex NAS w/ ATV2 Setup
OK. I'm a little new to this, but I've searched through the forum dozens of times. Not to mention Google searches and GoFlex forums.

Anyway, I'm setting up an AppleTV2 for the first time. I've got it jailbroken with XBMC. The issue is my Seagate 1TB NAS drive.

My PS3 sees it fine, and allows sharing with no issues. I can stream directly from the NAS to the PS3. However, my ATV2 will see the drive under uPnP, but will only see the folders. It won't see any files. I'm at a bit of a loss here. I'm not sure if the issue here is in the setup of the drive or the XBMC. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.
Mudd25 Wrote:OK. I'm a little new to this, but I've searched through the forum dozens of times. Not to mention Google searches and GoFlex forums.

Anyway, I'm setting up an AppleTV2 for the first time. I've got it jailbroken with XBMC. The issue is my Seagate 1TB NAS drive.

My PS3 sees it fine, and allows sharing with no issues. I can stream directly from the NAS to the PS3. However, my ATV2 will see the drive under uPnP, but will only see the folders. It won't see any files. I'm at a bit of a loss here. I'm not sure if the issue here is in the setup of the drive or the XBMC. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Wow, that product page has to be some of the least informative "specs" I've ever seen!

Wi-fi, connect, share, backup... These are not specs, they're buzz words you marketing muppets!

So, the info that came with your device, can it give us any more precise info? SMB sharing? Protocols? Connection speeds?

Upnp can be flakey at the best of times, and especially on minimal plug and play devices like this. The PS3 is probably seeing it as it's a name brand device that was actually tested. (note that it may not see it after a Sony 'update').

If I have helped you in any way, please forgive me, it was entirely accidental.
I have the exact same setup. ATV2 connected wirelessly & seagate goflex home.

Works really well, and have another drive daisychained onto the seagate.

1. I assume you are familiar with XBMC, you add a source folder to your library, not individual files? XBMC then scans for content.

2. I will double check the setup @ home tonight, here are some thoughts:
- have you enabled sharing on the seagate settings page?
- I have all my content on the public section of the drive, can you see this at all? Have you got files on there?
- You need your seagate drive user name & password to access the drive through SMB
- This maybe wrong, but have you assigned a workgroup to the NAS? - is this necessary I can't remember, it was on an Iomega I helped setup?

I will investigate for you. Have you found that the Seagate GoFlex Home drives actually have a torrent client installed, but hidden away?! I was looking for a solution to be able to leave my laptop off, found that the NAS has Transmission installed, you simply have to enable it in a config file!
in seagate dashboard, launch settings, this opens web browser control.

look at network sharing, make sure its enabled.

then in xbmc, select source: smb then looks for the workgroup name that is in your seagate settings. Under here is the drive - you need to login using your details
tomwrob Wrote:in seagate dashboard, launch settings, this opens web browser control.

look at network sharing, make sure its enabled.

then in xbmc, select source: smb then looks for the workgroup name that is in your seagate settings. Under here is the drive - you need to login using your details

THANK YOU! This worked perfectly. For some reason, I had to set this up as a Windows SMB. Appreciate the help.
No worries, the goflex home is a great NAS option, especially once I found the inbuilt transmission torrent client.

also if you want to activate the 'premium' features for free (flickr, facebook, ios support) for free you can, by simply editing the config file (change option from '0' to '1')!
Hello all! (sorry for my english, i'm french)

I have a goflex home 1T too :

how found the transmission torrent client ? (tomwrob)
where is the config file for activate "premium account"?

thank you :-)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Seagate GoFlex NAS w/ ATV2 Setup0