UPnP server and DLNA
Hi all,

This is a kind-of cross post from the "XBMC for Windows Specific Support" forum and was suggested by CrystalP. Here a link to the original thread where this originated: here.

To do a small resume of the post concerned, I recently bought a Samsung blu-ray player with UPnP and DLNA support. But I was not able to stream content to it via XBMC. The player was always showing "File format not supported". Since XBMC is a great software, I decided to clone the repo, track down the problem and did a quick dirty hack to make it work. Here my github branch that contains the change. It is based on the 10.1 version of XBMC since I wanted to have a working executable as fast as possible.

After doing this small hack, I tought about working more on the UPnP server of XBMC. I'm working right now on an upgrade of the Platinum SDK from 0.5.3 to 0.6.4 in the current master branch of XBMC. I already updated the codebase and the custom UPnP server to fit the new version of the library. I'm going to test it in the next few days. The compilation is working fine on Windows but I did not update the build process for other system right now. I could possibly do it for Unix and Mac OSX.

My objectives are to provide more streaming support for DLNA devices, even if I don't have access to the official DLNA specification. For now, I can only test on a Playstation 3, on a Samsung BD-D5700 blu-ray player and on a Samsung D6500 TV.

What I would like to know right now is if there is any work in-progress about the UPnP server or any decisions on the UPnP server part of XBMC. Especially if there is any decisions about Platinum SDK (dropping the library or something else) since I will not upgrade the current version of the library if it is not going to be approved at the end Smile

Moreover, I noticed that overtime, custom fixes were applied to the Platinum SDK found in the XBMC codebase (version 0.5.3). I would like to reapply these modifications where applicable to the 0.6.4 version of the library but my history is stopping somewhere in 2009. Where can I find the older history of commits?

This is it for now, I will update my post if I have more information or if I have more questions for you guys Smile Feel free to reply with suggestions/comments/blames or anything else.

Regards,
Matt
Nice to see somebody working on getting updated. Given that i've done most of the modifications i'll try to keep an eye on this thread. Feel free to PM me if you find issues.

The old history is tricky to get. You have too look in the old xbox branch. You used to be able to get this from git aswell: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Git...ra_history

I've not tested it in a while however.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

This is still broken

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
UPnP server and DLNA0