[ATV2] - Issue with updating library - Please see notes
Hey guys,

First off I'm new to this forum and to XBMC. I would just like to thank all the Devs and people who put time and hard work into XBMC and the jailbreak tools, so we can have these awesome programs. Keep up the great work! Smile

This is my first post so hopefully I get it correct.

Platform: Mac OS X (11.0.0 AppleTV2,1).
Apple Firmware: 4.3 build 8F305
Jailbroken with Snowbreeze
XBMC Version: Built on Sep 26 2011 (Git:20110926-6c08a58)
Install Method: Official Stable Release installed with Nito TV
Nightly Build install method: WGET then DPKG
Debug Log
I had to separate the debug log into two parts as pastebin has a 500k limit

xbmc.log - First half - http://pastebin.com/JqM33Cyf
xbmc.log - Second half - http://pastebin.com/Dy5TtCWd

Issue Details:

*** Notes ***
1. When I installed the official stable release, in order to save time setting up the library, I already had my XBMC library exported to a file, so I used the import library function in XBMC to import my entire library on the Apple TV 2 XBMC. Not sure if this has caused the issue.

2. I upgraded to the latest nightly build to try and fix the issue but it didnt work. So to confirm this happens on the both the official stable release and the current nightly build I'm using.

3. I have XBMC set to automatically look for new content on startup

4. I only have two sources set up - Movies and TV

5. I am using the Project Mayhem III Skin. (it rocks by the way!) Smile

The Issue:

The issue i'm having is when I load xbmc and it goes through the auto library update it doesnt seem to pick up the new content for all my tv shows. In this case I had three new shows with a new episodes just added all with local content scraped with media companion. However I had a whole bunch of Dark Angel episodes that i just added and it found those successfully.

For reference in the XBMC.log the tv shows are:

Dark Angel (multiple random episodes from Season 1 & 2) - Successful
CSI Miami - Season 10 - Episode 1 - Failed
How I met your mother - Season 7 - Episode 3 - Failed
NCIS - Season 9 - Episode 2 - Failed

I went through a "Clean Library" to see if that would fix the problem but it didn't.

In order to add the new content I had to go to "TV Shows" --> select the TV show ---> open context menu ---> select "Scan for New Content". Then it successfully added the new episode.

So I guess to summarise it seems the auto library update may work differently to manually going into each tv show and scanning for new content.

Any help on this would be great, and please let me know if I have left anything out.
Well it seems no one has any help on this issue Sad

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[ATV2] - Issue with updating library - Please see notes0