Deleted source keeps coming back!
Hello,

I have an old source which I would like to delete. I delete it via the interface (hold menu, choose remove source), and its gone. When I exit to frontrow and come back into XBMC the source re-appears. No matter what I have tried so far, the source will not go away. I am on the 9-15 nightly release, but this problem has been there for awhile for me. Any ideas?

ED7
just a shot in the dark...are the permissions/owner settings on the sources.xml file incorrect (should be mobile mobile)? Does sources.xml have write permissions?
- Amazon FireTV Stick 4K running latest stable Kodi version
- Sony Bravia XBR-x900h Android TV running latest stable Kodi version
- Skin: Aeon Nox: SiLVO
You mean its still scanning the source for updates or the content from the source is still showing up in your TVshows/movies/video section? Have you tried going into the System menu, then select video, then go to clean library, this should remove all content from sources that were removed.
nope ... 90% it is a permission problem as canadave said ...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
im having the same issue, what is the command to set the permissions correct for the whole of my xbmc install on my atv?
chown -R mobile:mobile /private/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC
Maetrik Wrote:chown -R mobile:mobile /private/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC

many thanks Smile will test for my case now
Ill check the permissions on sources.xml when I get home tonight. Thanks for the tip!
Thanks all. The sources.xml was owned by root and not mobile. I made the suggested change and now all is fine. Thanks again!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Deleted source keeps coming back!0