Compile Error for ios build
Hey Y'all,

This was the error from the command line:

The following build commands failed:
CompileC build/XBMC-IOS.build/Release-iphoneos/XBMC.build/Objects-normal/armv7/DVDClock.o xbmc/cores/dvdplayer/DVDClock.cpp normal armv7 c++ com.apple.compilers.llvmgcc42

And here's the error in XCode:

cc1plus: error in backend: Couldn't allocate input reg for constraint 'D'!
Command /Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Developer/usr/bin/llvm-gcc-4.2 failed with exit code 1

Hope that makes sense.

Anyone have any idea what's up with this? Any ideas on how to resolve?

I'm using XCode 4.1 Build 4B110f and tried building to ios 4.3 and 4.1.

Best,
Phil
llvm-gcc-4.2 is not supported at the current time, use gcc-4.2 and follow the README.ios exactly.
Thank you - will give that a try!

Will it compile with XCode 4.1?
cognizen Wrote:Thank you - will give that a try!

Will it compile with XCode 4.1?

not without a serious hammer, best to install xcode3 side by side of xcode4.
Davilla,

First of all - great thanks for taking the time to help me with this. I appreciate it very much.

So I found a version of XCode 3 and installed that in a separate folder from XCode 4 - I assume that that's what you meant by running side by side... I then re-checked out the git and followed the instructions to the word.

Now when I compile under XCode 3 (which is hella-slow in comparison to 4) I get the following error at the very end of the build cycle:

/Users/doublep/xbmc/build/Debug-iphoneos/XBMC.app/XBMC-IOS.xcent: cannot read entitlement data

Would you happen to have any idea on this one?

Best,
Phil
cognizen Wrote:Davilla,

First of all - great thanks for taking the time to help me with this. I appreciate it very much.

So I found a version of XCode 3 and installed that in a separate folder from XCode 4 - I assume that that's what you meant by running side by side... I then re-checked out the git and followed the instructions to the word.

Now when I compile under XCode 3 (which is hella-slow in comparison to 4) I get the following error at the very end of the build cycle:

/Users/doublep/xbmc/build/Debug-iphoneos/XBMC.app/XBMC-IOS.xcent: cannot read entitlement data

Would you happen to have any idea on this one?

Best,
Phil

http://www.alexwhittemore.com/?p=398

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Compile Error for ios build0