web interface blank
Well its not blank can see xbmc logo and movies and music menu but not anything else. Clicking does nothing. Anything obvious? I have changes the port to 85.
same thing for me.
plus, although I have set up a pw, it is not required for this page.
Thanks to all XBMC contributors, devs, skinners, scripters, ... It's really an amazing piece of software.
This happens when you have nothing scanned into the library. The web interface only shows media that have been scanned into the library.

JR
My libraries aren't empty at all ...
Thanks to all XBMC contributors, devs, skinners, scripters, ... It's really an amazing piece of software.
The debug log isn't especially helpful for checking web interface problems, but may give a few clues. The following is from my test system. I only scanned videos into the library, and in the web interface clicking on videos shows the Videos as you'd expect, while clicking on Music does nothing. The debug log shows:

Clicking on Videos:
Code:
DEBUG: CVideoDatabase::GetSetsNav query: SELECT sets.idSet,sets.strSet,COUNT(1) AS c,count(files.playCount) FROM sets JOIN setlinkmovie ON sets.idSet=setlinkmovie.idSet JOIN movie ON setlinkmovie.idMovie=movie.idMovie JOIN files ON files.idFile=movie.idFile  GROUP BY sets.idSet HAVING c>1
DEBUG: CVideoDatabase::GetMoviesByWhere query: select * from movieview WHERE movieview.idMovie NOT IN (SELECT idMovie FROM setlinkmovie s1 JOIN(SELECT idSet, COUNT(1) AS c FROM setlinkmovie GROUP BY idSet HAVING c>1) s2 ON s2.idSet=s1.idSet)
DEBUG: Time for actual SQL query = 2
DEBUG: Time to retrieve movies from dataset = 7

Clicking on Music produces just the one line:
Code:
DEBUG: CMusicDatabase::GetAlbumsByWhere query: select * from albumview where albumview.strAlbum <> ''

How does this compare with your system?

JR
Mine either. Does the skin make a difference, I am running Night.

I thought it may be due to the fact I had removed the main menus and put custom menus on the home page so that I could segregate my kids stuff but I tried unhiding the menus and the same issue occured.

I am running Windows 7 and the firewall prompted for an exception which I allowed.

When I 1st installed xbmc months ago it worked but I think that I have done a re-install since.
jhsrennie Wrote:How does this compare with your system?

JR

I'll check this tonight and post...
Code:
18:11:51 T:2496 M:1163300864   DEBUG: CVideoDatabase::GetSetsNav query: SELECT sets.idSet,sets.strSet,path.strPath,files.playCount FROM sets JOIN setlinkmovie ON sets.idSet=setlinkmovie.idSet JOIN (SELECT idSet, COUNT(1) AS c FROM setlinkmovie GROUP BY idSet HAVING c>1) s2 ON s2.idSet=sets.idSet JOIN movie ON setlinkmovie.idMovie=movie.idMovie JOIN files ON files.idFile=movie.idFile JOIN path ON path.idPath=files.idPath
18:11:51 T:2496 M:1163280384   DEBUG: CVideoDatabase::GetMoviesByWhere query: select * from movieview WHERE movieview.idMovie NOT IN (SELECT idMovie FROM setlinkmovie s1 JOIN(SELECT idSet, COUNT(1) AS c FROM setlinkmovie GROUP BY idSet HAVING c>1) s2 ON s2.idSet=s1.idSet)
18:11:51 T:2496 M:1163030528   DEBUG: Time for actual SQL query = 5
18:11:51 T:2496 M:1163128832   DEBUG: Time to retrieve movies from dataset = 82

Is this right?

My sources are on a network share. A flexraid storage pool.
That looks the same sort of thing as I see in my log, and it suggests that the web interface did successfully query the database for the list of videos. It shouldn't matter whether the sources are local or a network share because the web interface will just be querying the database and (unless you use MySQL) this will always be on the hard disk.

I'm not sure where to go from here. You could try temporarily disabling the firewall, though I'd be surprised if that makes a difference. You could also try switching the Skin back to Confluence, though again I don't think the skin affects the web server. Unfortunately the web server doesn't provide much in the way of debug logging, so it's not possible to find out what's going wrong without sitting down at your PC.

If you zip your Database folder and put it somewhere I can download I'm willing to try your database on my test installation to see if I can reproduce the problem.

JR
Are you running dharma or a nightly?
I am running Dharma. I installed xbmc on a laptop and pointed at the shares and the web on the laptop seemed to work fine. I had the movies and music menu top right and then a white screen, clicking on movies brought movies up.

I'll try the skin and firewall and wll also try the db on another machine aswell as suggested. Thanks for your help.
The "problem" transfered with the database. Does that mean I need to delete the db and start again?
I guess there must be something in the database that is breaking the web server. Deleting and starting afresh would certainly be a solution.

JR
DB deleted and re-created, interface does work now but I only get a movies and music menu is that right?
bilbonvidia Wrote:DB deleted and re-created, interface does work now but I only get a movies and music menu is that right?

Yes, the library only stores info on music and videos, and the web interface only displays info that is in the library.

JR

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
web interface blank0