Solved Option to Create Multiple Video Libraries
This is the only thing missing for me in XBMC, everything else pretty much runs exactly to my needs, however I currently have to ignore my sports and anime collections (and get to them through file mode instead) just because they create quite a messy library if scraped along with the rest.

I understand playlists could sort it out to some degree, but it really is more of a workaround than a proper solution.
blaze Wrote:This is the only thing missing for me in XBMC, everything else pretty much runs exactly to my needs, however I currently have to ignore my sports and anime collections (and get to them through file mode instead) just because they create quite a messy library if scraped along with the rest.

I understand playlists could sort it out to some degree, but it really is more of a workaround than a proper solution.

If you file system is setup as so
Code:
/My Videos
/My Videos/Sports
/My Videos/Anime
/My Videos/TV Shows
you can setup a smart playlist to exclude the paths to Anime & Sports.
Then (as in most skins) pin the playlist to the Main Menu.
isamu.dragon Wrote:If you file system is setup as so
Code:
/My Videos
/My Videos/Sports
/My Videos/Anime
/My Videos/TV Shows
you can setup a smart playlist to exclude the paths to Anime & Sports.
Then (as in most skins) pin the playlist to the Main Menu.

Issue remains that smart playlists are not sortable. So, it is not only a workaround, but a workaround that has limited functionality. One more disadvantage is that "recently added tv-shows" and "recently added movies" will not work anymore. And last but not least, if you map too many smart playlists, your skin may run out of the # of custom fields for the start menu.

Net-net, we would need either support for multiple libraries to make this happen.

Whether devs see this as a priority or even a worthwhile feature to pursue is a different topic. FIngers crossed!!!
Server: Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Intel Core i5 3.4 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 | 128 GB SSD, 82 TB (9 x 6 TB, 7 x 4 TB)
HTPC 1: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 2: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 3: Raspberry Pi
2 methods to Sort
1)

2)

these methods were used with a playlist for my Anime. The Skin in use was Aeon MQ3
isamu.dragon Wrote:2 methods to Sort

Sorry, wrong word - wanted to write "filter". For example, only movies from 2011.
Server: Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Intel Core i5 3.4 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 | 128 GB SSD, 82 TB (9 x 6 TB, 7 x 4 TB)
I'm no coder so afraid i can't help with this one but just thought i'd mention that when i used to use meedio (before google bought them) they had a great library/view system. It took a bit to learn but once up and running it worked great. I know that doesn't help directly but maybe it can help with ideas.
steve1977 Wrote:Sorry, wrong word - wanted to write "filter". For example, only movies from 2011.

Can you say "Ta-Da" Laugh
Set the rule and it shall be done
isamu.dragon Wrote:Can you say "Ta-Da" Laugh
Set the rule and it shall be done

Thanks, but to be honest not what I was looking for. What I am looking for is a way to filter a smart-playlist in the same way how my movie-library. I.e., I can just go up one menu (...) and then select "genre" or "year" to filter the library.

Your workaround above is too complicated (WAF) as it basically creates a new smart playlist with different filter criteria.

Bottom-line, we indeed need support for multiple-libraries rather than some hack / work-around...
I have to agree with Steve1977.

I am tired of either have to see all my movies in one big pile mixed together in genre but looking good with thumbnails or to look at them in file mode instead and then miss out the nice look.

I have been fighting with this for almost a year now be course looking at the files in file mode I dont automatic gets the folder icon updated with the correct movie thumbnail.No

PLEASE - Let us have multiple library view.Nod
I agree Xbmc needs the option for multiple video libraries. Xbmc also needs the option to have one of the custom libraries password protected if one so chooses.

As XBMC stands right now it’s a total nightmare to clump my wife’s workout videos, How-to videos, documentaries, home movies and any adult videos into multiple playlists. First off all her workout videos can be imdb’d. However I can’t do that because if I do it shows up in my library list of movies. So they have to stay unscraped in the playlist. Second having to use multiple playlist’s also puts user friendliness in the toilet. Which is a major issue for most people not as computer savvy.

I’ve been using Xbmc for about six weeks now and have had my hand on my wallet to donate for the last two. I love it but I also see some short comings that really do need addressing. Multiple video libraries rates #1 on my list of improvements Xbmc needs.
Profiles can be used to create multiple libraries as each profile has it's own Library. As standard the switching between profiles is a bit long winded, however although it's not something I've done myself, I believe keyboard shortcuts can be assigned to the action of switching profiles which can then be assign to a remote button if you have one for single button switching, and for those with adult stuff Profiles support passwords/passcodes.
Apart from steve1977 request everything else in this thread is possible

@P.Viby

File mode can have thumbnails even if each movie is in its own folder but you need to scan those movies into library first and you must select "Use folder names for lookups" in "Set content" if you don't do the latter then they wont have thumbnails in file mode

Also if you use Pre Eden then file mode is pretty much the same as library mode you get all the views with info and flagging but with directory structure

@Xrae21

You can lock sources any source that is locked will not appear in library mode and therefore any smart playlist they are included in
Current HTPC Lian-Li PC-C37 • Gigabyte GA-E7AUM-DS2H • Intel C2D E8400 E0 Stepping • OCZ Vertex SSD • 4GB Corsair TwinX XMS2 DDR2 • Corsair HX650W Modular PSU (Free Upgrade) • LG CH08LS10 Blu-Ray Drive • Scythe Big Shuriken • Acousti DustPROOF 70mm Fan
steve1977 Wrote:..... it is not only a workaround, but a workaround that has limited functionality. One more disadvantage is that "recently added tv-shows" and "recently added movies" will not work anymore. And last but not least, if you map too many smart playlists, your skin may run out of the # of custom fields for the start menu.

Net-net, we would need either support for multiple libraries to make this happen.

Whether devs see this as a priority or even a worthwhile feature to pursue is a different topic. FIngers crossed!!!

i really wish we could have this feuture in XBMC, Rofl
i'm still running MC7+MB because MB has the option to have multiple libaries for movies and TV-Shows.
my wife doesn't want to have the kids stuff in our collection and the otherway arround the same. No
sure we can make playlist but they break the addons ("recently added tv-shows" and "recently added movies")
those work arround work great for single people without kids and people who don't want the addons to work.Eek
i wonder why it's so hard to add a option for multiple libaries Huh
LibreElec Kodi | Aeon MQ ?
For the Profiles route, this is a good post explaining what needs to be done

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...umentaries

Only modification to add is that in Step 3 it should be a keyboard.xml not Keymap.xml
TRaSH- Wrote:i really wish we could have this feuture in XBMC, Rofl
i'm still running MC7+MB because MB has the option to have multiple libaries for movies and TV-Shows.
my wife doesn't want to have the kids stuff in our collection and the otherway arround the same. No
sure we can make playlist but they break the addons ("recently added tv-shows" and "recently added movies")
those work arround work great for single people without kids and people who don't want the addons to work.Eek
i wonder why it's so hard to add a option for multiple libaries Huh
This can be done with a Kids Profile using info contained in link I posted above.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Option to Create Multiple Video Libraries0