Home.xml fallback question
After installing a nightly, a few days ago , i had to edit some files to get my home screen working in the nightly version, ie focus list and recently added list stopped working or showing up but i got that fixed.
however i cant seem to figure out why my default fall back image doesn't show, all i get is a black screen for the back ground, and when i highlight a recently added item i get the correct fanart but when i moved back to the default list i get a black background instead of an image. any help or direction would be appreciated. Below is a piece of the Home.xml code that i think may be causing the issue. if i edit this my recently added will or wont work accordingly but no fall back? has this been moved to somewhere else in the Eden (pre-eden) nightlies?? Thank you

PHP Code:
<control type="image">
                        <
posx>0</posx>
                        <
posy>0</posy>
                        <
width>1280</width>
                        <
height>720</height>
                        <
texture background="true" fallback="backgrounds/tvshows.jpg">$INFO[Container(8001).ListItem().ActualIcon]</texture>
                        <
fadetime>600</fadetime>
                        <
visible>Control.HasFocus(8001)</visible>
                </
control
The image is only visible if control "8001" has focus... Is that your recently added list? If so, change the condition and the image won't be hidden if 8001 isn't focused.
8001 is the tv show control icon, this code worked perfect in xbmc Dharma and before. only until the last few nightlies did this problem present itself an occurHuh it worked with all the nightlies until recently....
but thanks for the suggestion... any others?
Is the backgrounds folder in the media folder?

If not you'll need to add special://skin/.
Hitcher Wrote:Is the backgrounds folder in the media folder?

If not you'll need to add special://skin/.

I tried that aswell, i moved it to the media folder , no joy, and i added Special://skin/ and no luck. i didnt think that would help because. a couple nightlies ago and in dharma 10.1 my skin works perfectly. maybe ill go back and find which last nightly it works on. and maybe that may clue in why it stopped working. jsut to be clear i didnt modify my skin and then it stopped working... all i did was skipa couple nightlies and if i revert back to a different nightly my skin works. so it has something to do with the way the skin is being translated by xmbc.. rightHuh

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Home.xml fallback question0