• 33(current)
How to Power ON/OFF your HTPC using a Remote?
Well, talking to myself here, but I found an Asrock remote/CIR receiver on Amazon and ordered it, so we'll see.
Nice talking to y'all. Wink
" is the IR receiver Asrock sells to plug into the CIR header going to / might enable a cold boot? "

Yes it does (Asrock A75M).
I had to update the firmware before i could use this USB-IR receiver
for everyone who is able to cold boot their system with the HP USB Dongle.

Can you help answering the two questions below?

1. Model of the HP USB Dongle? - not sure if this makes a difference.
2. Are you using the Harmony remote or the HP remote?
r1lee Wrote:Balinus,
can i ask you when you go into your Bios and in the USB Connection menu. It will show Keyboard and Mouse connected, and since you have the HP USB IR also connected, does that show up as a connected device?

r1lee, I didn't find a place where it would list my connected device. There's no USB connection menu, only USB configuration and it doesn't list the connected device.
Balinus Wrote:r1lee, I didn't find a place where it would list my connected device. There's no USB connection menu, only USB configuration and it doesn't list the connected device.

ok, that's probably the same place. Cause it tells you what's connected like a Keyboard and mouse.

I just want to go and buy a HP remote now just for this.
I have the asrock a75 itx.
I bought the hp ir receiver and it works with my harmony - but i cannot get the harony or hp remote to start the pc. It is odd because I can actually get my wireless keyboard (logitech k400) to coldstart my pc. I have tried using the same usb port as the logitech keyboard but with no result.
Any ideas
henningdalgaard Wrote:I have the asrock a75 itx.
I bought the hp ir receiver and it works with my harmony - but i cannot get the harony or hp remote to start the pc. It is odd because I can actually get my wireless keyboard (logitech k400) to coldstart my pc. I have tried using the same usb port as the logitech keyboard but with no result.
Any ideas

Unplug everything (including your PSU), then replug. Start your PC manually, then shutdown.

Plug your USB IR in a USB 2.0 port.

Should do the trick
thanks - tried that already though. that's how I got my keyboard working to do the trick. Just weird that my remotes won't do it when my keyboard will ?
henningdalgaard Wrote:thanks - tried that already though. that's how I got my keyboard working to do the trick. Just weird that my remotes won't do it when my keyboard will ?

Humm, maybe it's the harmony + hp receiver combo that doens't work properly. Do you have a 2nd remote?
Is there any possibility of booting a HTPC with a bluetooth remote? I guess not since it needs an usb port which needs power Sad
nope
Will an USB RF receiver work instead of a USB IR reciever?

Want to use this remote

http://nicegear.co.nz/obj/images/0000182.jpg

and make use of the ASROCKS A75M USB's Wake functions?
well i cant confirm...
this wake from usb option hasn`t been the most stable for some users...
but on the other hand, i know it works for some others...
best to just take the plunge and try,,,
but to answer your question, i really dont know
as i never tried with an RF remote...
what i do know is that a Bluetooth remote doesnt work,,,
Thanks, upon reflection I am guessing that if an RF keyboard works a RF remote will.

Time will tell, I am still undecided on MATX or ITX, but I know it will be an ASROCK mobo!

well, depends on the size u want,,, Tongue
cant say for you,,,

i know that my next build will be mini ITX...
and tiny,,,

follow this thread http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=114659&page=2
Tongue
  • 33(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to Power ON/OFF your HTPC using a Remote?3