New device configured - Generic HID device

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Malard Offline
Team-XBMC Developer
We're looking into it, this new system is to allow you to customise devices through the GUI, and set special options for 3rd party hardware.

Check your Device Manager (if its windows) do you see it refreshing constantly showing a new device appearing and disappearing?
find quote
opdenkamp Offline
Team-XBMC PVR Developer
I've removed the mapping for "Generic HID device" from peripherals.xml. That should fix the problem.

opdenkamp / dushmaniac

xbmc-pvr [Eden-PVR builds] [now included in mainline XBMC, so no more source link here :)]
personal website: [link]

Found a problem with PVR? Report it on Trac, under "PVR - core components". Please attach the full debug log.

If you like my work, please consider donating to me and/or Team XBMC.
find quote
lash78 Offline
Same here with latest git
debug log: http://pastebin.com/d4X9u9rS
find quote
blueicing Offline
I did not see anything popping up in my device manager each time. Although there were a lot of Generic HID devices that i don't remember.

Noticed that having the device manager open and restarting XBMC the warning has stopped appearing.

http://pastebin.com/Z0sE1AJt

I hope that is the debug you were looking for.
(This post was last modified: 2011-10-01 19:59 by blueicing.)
find quote
indy5 Offline
dushmaniac Wrote:I've removed the mapping for "Generic HID device" from peripherals.xml. That should fix the problem.

I don't seem to have this file under the userdata folder. Should this have been created by the 9/30 build?
find quote
pyrodex Offline
dushmaniac Wrote:I've removed the mapping for "Generic HID device" from peripherals.xml. That should fix the problem.

I've manually removed that from the build and still have the same issue... see below:

http://pastebin.com/qPDgN0MQ

Den: Ubuntu 14.04 | AMD A6-3500 | Gotham w/MythTV | Panasonic VT25 50" | Denon AVR-991 | Harmony One | 5.1 Surround Sound
Bedroom: Ubuntu 14.04 | AMD A6-3500 | Gotham w/MythTV | Samsung UN32F6300AF 32" | Harmony 650
NAS: Ubuntu 14.04 | 32TB on Areca 1880 | SMB | Sickbeard | CouchPotato | MySQL DB (XBMC) | MythTV 0.27+fixes w/ 2x HDHomeRun Prime 3CC
find quote
eddiem Offline
dushmaniac Wrote:could one of you pastebin a full debug log please. can't reproduce it.

There is one in first post.
find quote
RodneyRB Offline
Still happening with Oct 1 build XBMCSetup-20110930-2138fb0-master.exe Sad
find quote
RodneyRB Offline

Doesn't work for me, still getting message Sad
find quote
RodneyRB Offline
I just installed XBMCSetup-20110930-2138fb0-master.exe on another computer system and I'm not getting the "Generic HID Device" pop-up. This computer never had XBMC installed on it before though, so maybe a XBMC profile wipe is needed.
find quote
onizuka Offline
damn....is this confirmed?
find quote
lash78 Offline
This message show up only if the IR receiver is plugged in.
find quote
opdenkamp Offline
Team-XBMC PVR Developer
this fixes it: https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/commit/a262...deb7fd0990
it'll be included in the next daily build.

opdenkamp / dushmaniac

xbmc-pvr [Eden-PVR builds] [now included in mainline XBMC, so no more source link here :)]

Found a problem with PVR? Report it on Trac, under "PVR - core components". Please attach the full debug log.

find quote
timmi1000 Offline
I also have the problem with the nightly build XBMCSetup-20110930. I deleted the peripherals folder, but xbmc was configuring again and again. I must have something to with the rc 6 ir receiver I bought from Cohaus Berlin.
After testing I found a xbmc version from 23rd of june 2011 and it worked without the endless configuring. I will use this version, untill the problem ist fixed.
find quote
opdenkamp Offline
Team-XBMC PVR Developer
timmi1000: read 1 post up.

opdenkamp / dushmaniac

find quote