Been through 2 graphic cards need help!!
toymachine2009 Wrote:Okay! Anyway I can tell what size I currently have in?
the easiest way might be to open up the case and get the model off the existing case fan. you can google it, and more likely you'll find the full spec on the existing fan.

i searched it this way when i replaced my case fan several years ago. the original fans are very noisy and doesn't draw very much air either. the new fan is a lot more quieter and draw a lot more air too. it brought down the temp dramatically.
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
Just slap a fan on the card and you should be fine, you can install fans in the case for overall help but passive cards and you putting alot of stress on them dont work to well.

I usually slap a nice quiet 40mm fan on all of my passive cards as a just incase and i never run into temp issues.
XBMC-ATV2 - Frodo
XBMC-LR - Zotac Zbox Plus - 36gb SSD - 3Gb Mem - Frodo
XBMC-BR - Foxcon 330i - 16gb SSD - 2Gb Mem - FrodoRc3
XBMC-Mini - MacMini - 128Gb OCZ Agility - 5Gb Mem - Frodo - Running SQL - Auto Library Update
Synology DiskStation Ds1512+(Dsm 4.3-3776) - 4gb Mem - 5*3tb Wd Reds [SHR] - 2GB Bonded Link - (SSD Cache WIP)

BigO Wrote:Just slap a fan on the card and you should be fine, you can install fans in the case for overall help but passive cards and you putting alot of stress on them dont work to well.

I usually slap a nice quiet 40mm fan on all of my passive cards as a just incase and i never run into temp issues.
if it is that easy, it shouldn't need case fan and most gpu come with fan. it needs both case fan and gpu fan to properly cool it.
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
Yes your right but if you case flow isnt that great, adding active cooling to the card helps alot.

Not that i have an issue with case flow since i have some of the best wire management and case air flow management you can get but in those SFF computers like HP's and stuff i just slap a fan on there to help it out as best as i can.
XBMC-ATV2 - Frodo
XBMC-LR - Zotac Zbox Plus - 36gb SSD - 3Gb Mem - Frodo
XBMC-BR - Foxcon 330i - 16gb SSD - 2Gb Mem - FrodoRc3
XBMC-Mini - MacMini - 128Gb OCZ Agility - 5Gb Mem - Frodo - Running SQL - Auto Library Update
Synology DiskStation Ds1512+(Dsm 4.3-3776) - 4gb Mem - 5*3tb Wd Reds [SHR] - 2GB Bonded Link - (SSD Cache WIP)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Been through 2 graphic cards need help!!0