screen goes black
When i launch xbmc from the appletv2 after about a minute the screen just goes black.

Using nightly from 26th but was the same for the last few.

I tried changing lead but it only does it in xbmc not in ios
Logs?
I am hopeful you can point me somehwere there Wink

I am used to atv1 which was very much an osx layout
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=92480
http://pastebin.com/Tm7xR86v

Here is the pastebin. A most unusual problem. Start XNMC and it loads ok, do pretty much anything for around 30 seconds and the screen just turns black. And thats it you have to unplug the ATV2, once restarted XBMC loads fine and plays fine.

Turn the tele off again and come back later and the same problem. I have tried a new HDMI lead.
Also repeat does not work on the remote making navigating my movies section very tiring!
ONe other thing, 5.1 surround which in my set up is downmixed to stereo and out via the optical is very quiet, I have to have the TV at near full volume to hear it. normal stereo stuff is fine.
garyi Wrote:Also repeat does not work on the remote making navigating my movies section very tiring!

I don't know enough to be able to help you with your main issue, but I can tell you that key repeat on the Apple remote is not currently supported and it is a known issue. You can navigate to highlight the scroll bar and move by paging up and down to scroll faster.

Quote:ONe other thing, 5.1 surround which in my set up is downmixed to stereo and out via the optical is very quiet, I have to have the TV at near full volume to hear it. normal stereo stuff is fine.

Update to the most recent nightly. In the last few days a new audio feature has been added: "simple dynamic range compression, a volume amplification slider is now available in the audio and subtitles dialog, which can be used to increase the video volume, a limiter is turned on to prevent clipping."
Thanks ned I will check out the latest build

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
screen goes black0