Windows 8 Skin Idea
Now I know I will probably get crap from people cause this isn't even a mockup and I only have a few screens done so I am just posting this as an Idea. I was initially going to do this skin right through as my first skin but have gotten busy lately so it will take me years to finish it. Thought I would just throw it on the forums and if someone likes the idea and wants to run with it feel free. I also realize that there is another design going out there but havn't heard anything again from it.

The Idea comes from windows 8 tiles as you can see. Was going to name the skin something like EI8HT. The home screen is coded except for a few things like recently added and weather. I was thinking of giving a choice of different color schemes to.

I had a similar idea, some kind of home wallview, i started to code it and saw a massive cpu usage using a lot of icons/thumbs on home. What is your experience? No lags?
What image size are you using for the thumbs? I really like the idea Smile i only think the gui will eat a lot of cpu power, or am i wrong?
Have you tried with Dirty Regions on if that reduces the CPU usage?
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Machine-Sanctum Wrote:Have you tried with Dirty Regions on if that reduces the CPU usage?

Nope, but surely i'm going to give a try.
butchabay Wrote:Nope, but surely i'm going to give a try.

Don't know if it was already included in dharma or that it's only pre-eden.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
To be honest I haven't even looked at CPU usage but I will let you know tomorrow on what I get. I haven't tested cause I have had absolutely no lag at all but I dunno I have a fairly decent computer so will let you know. I have also added a fair amount of animations to it so I think it will be ok. (I'm def not an expert though just a beginner). And I will also let you know the sizes but that also could be where I chopped off a little cause the sizes are pretty much the same scale.
Looks awesome!
Machine-Sanctum Wrote:Don't know if it was already included in dharma or that it's only pre-eden.
It is only pre-eden.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Windows 8 Skin Idea0