Centralized database across platforms problem
I have a Ubuntu, IPad and AppleTv 2 based XBMC systems. Several software versions ago I had a centralized database working beautifully. As I kept up with the official released versions for IOS the system fell apart. The various platforms are running different database versions. I tried using nightlies and some other combinations but can't seem to get versions that match. Is there a current combination that will fix the problem?

Also is there a easy way to check the database versions of an particular install without actually installing it and checking what version it's using?

As a side note I'm a little surprised that the current stable releases would run on separate database versions and that not be treated as a bug that needs to be fixed. I really have no right to comment as I do no developing but it is the feature that makes the system work across multiple devices with great ease. Picking up the IPad and having access to all movies and music without worrying about updating every device every time a new movie is added and moving from device to device and starting where you left off is what makes XBMC more like an integrated system than an isolated product and is a great direction for XBMC to take. Just my 2 cents.
There are no stable releases. All releases ever made of XBMC for ATV2/iOS has been development/nightly/experimental code. For some reason people keep thinking the Cydia June version is a "stable" version, but it's not. It's the exact same as a nightly build from June.

Run nightlies with nightlies. Latest iOS nightly (build bot is having some issues) is Sept 26th. Grab nightlies for that same date for all the other platforms (if you want to play it really safe) and then they will be all running the same code.

As far as keeping track of when the video DB version number goes up, https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/commits
That's the piece of information I was missing thanks for clearing that up.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Centralized database across platforms problem0