Help with Shared MySQL DB and Thumbs
Sad 
Hello Everyone! I need some help. I have been struggling to set this up for the past couple days now. I have a Mac Mini and ATV2 running the following nightlys:

Mac Mini OSX 10.7.1 - XBMC PRE-11.0 Git: 20110927-b62c8c0 (Compiled: Sep 28 2011)
ATV2 - xbmc-20110926-6c08a58-master-atv2.deb

MySQL database running on the Mini following this guide: http://lifehacker.com/5634515/how-to-syn...-the-house

Mini has an external hard drive with all my video files on it /Volumes/External/Downloads
This is shared via NFS with the following /etc/exports entry: /Volumes/External/Downloads -mapall=501 -alldirs

Both XBMCs are running this advancedsettings.xml:
http://pastebin.com/CFRYAZyG

Thumbnails are stored in /Volumes/External/Downloads/Thumbnails. The Mac Mini has had the symlink updated. The ATV2 uses the pathsubstition entry as shown on the advancedsettings.xml file (this should work?).

I believe the MySQL database is working correctly on the Mac Mini, but when I added the NFS shares to my ATV2, it looks like it scraped all the information again. The watched flags, etc aren't carrying over so I'm guessing it made its own database instead of using the MySQL one. I have no idea at this point. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Is NFS working with path substition already? I thought it is working on SMB only?
Thumbs Up 
Maetrik Wrote:Is NFS working with path substition already? I thought it is working on SMB only?

Doh! You're probably right. I saw an example with SMB and I figured it would work with any supported method, but I guess not. So the thumbnails shouldn't load, but the rest of the database should? I guess I can just add a mount via SSH, setup a symlink like on the Mac Mini and remove the pathsub on the ATV2 to get shared thumbnails working? I'm more worried about the other part for now. Thanks for the info though. I will have to change that as well.
Thats what i got in my advancedsettings:

Code:
<advancedsettings>
    <virtualshares>false</virtualshares>
    <video>
        <timeseekforward>60</timeseekforward>
        <timeseekbackward>-60</timeseekbackward>
        <excludefromlisting>
            <regexp>sample</regexp>
            <regexp>subs</regexp>
        </excludefromlisting>
    </video>
    <musicextensions>
        <add>.m4b</add>
    </musicextensions>
        <videodatabase>
        <type>mysql</type>
        <host>192.168.100.101</host>
        <port>3306</port>
        <user>xbmc</user>
        <pass>xbmc</pass>
        <name>xbmc_video</name>
    </videodatabase>
    <musicdatabase>
        <type>mysql</type>
        <host>192.168.100.101</host>
        <port>3306</port>
        <user>xbmc</user>
        <pass>xbmc</pass>
        <name>xbmc_music</name>
    </musicdatabase>
    <pathsubstitution>
        <substitute>
            <from>special://masterprofile/Thumbnails</from>
            <to>smb://xbmc:[email protected]/xbmc/Thumbnails</to>
        </substitute>
    </pathsubstitution>
    <videolibrary>
    <importwatchedstate>true</importwatchedstate>
    </videolibrary>
</advancedsettings>

Everything is working fine here, i use 2 ATV2s and a MacBook (all with same advancedsettings) and everthing is synced. I export my database seperataly once a week to get all the nfos directly in the movie/tvshow folders (just to ensure that if my db crashes the scraping is much faster and the watched state is also exported). SQL and shares are on a Synology NAS.
Hm... So nothing really different there. How does it work. Once the MySQL is all up and running you go on one of the XBMCs and do a full scrape to populate the DB. Then on the other ones you just "update library" or the "Scan for new content" and it should pull the info off the DB and update the watched flags, etc? Grr... I dunno what I did. I might have to start fresh again. Which log would have errors with MySQL DB stuff? I wonder if it has any hints in there.
It should get its info from your SQL, so you dont have to scrape or update them all. Perhaps you should provide your debug log, i guess your SQL isnt working and all your XBMCs use their own database.
Yeah that has to be the problem. Nothing else makes sense. So switch debug on and then "scan for new content" or restart xbmc and then see what the logs say? I'll give that a go in a bit. I can do the Mac Mini, but the ATV2 is in the bedroom and my wife is sleeping (working nights). I'll have access to it in a couple hours.
Doh! It's always a permissions issue. When I copied over the advancedsettings.xml, it wasn't set right. I think I might have this figured out now. Thanks everyone!
Pathsubstitution with nfs works since nfs beginning...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Yeah I should have mentioned that. Got everything up and running and that NFS pathsubtitution is working perfectly. Slight lag, but that is to be expected.

Now library mode is turning me OCD. Gotta make sure everything is scraped right and has the proper thumbnail, etc. Yikes.

Speaking of that... Any reason why it would scrape a non-english thumbnail by default? Is that just how its setup on themoviedb?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Help with Shared MySQL DB and Thumbs0