LED Control?
Question 
Hey guys,

Not sure if this has been covered anywhere, but I didn't find anything in my quick searches. I remember on my Xbox original that I used to be able to control the front LED (color, flash, turn off, etc). I know the ATV2 only has the one white LED, but is there any way to control it? I would love to turn it off at night (its too bright in the bedroom). Any thoughts on implementing anything like that?

Thanks!
not possible ... use tape for making it dark Wink
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
It goes off when the ATV goes to sleep - although, you'd have to exit out of XBMC, as XMBC turns off the sleep timer.
Hm.. Well I have it set to auto launch XBMC. I have no need for anything else. If I set the sleep timer in XBMC, is there anyway to get it to sleep? Otherwise I guess tape will work.

I figured it would have either already been implemented or impossible. Darn Sad
If I remember correctly, the AppleTV doesn't recognize XBMC as activity, so it would put the unit to "sleep" while you were in XBMC doing stuff, so when you launch XBMC it turns off the sleep timer for AppleTV, remembering the settings, and placing it back once you exit XBMC back to Frontrow.

It's why the AppleTV sleep time gets set to Never if XBMC ever crashes, as it can't put this setting back.

It's be nice if something within XBMC could activate the AppleTV sleep timer, but I'm sure there's a good reason why it can't. I think black tape is a good solution. Wink
Ah okay that makes sense. Thanks for the explanation. Tape it is Wink
DLeavy Wrote:It's be nice if something within XBMC could activate the AppleTV sleep timer, but I'm sure there's a good reason why it can't. I think black tape is a good solution. Wink

AppleTV sleep timer pops the controller stack when it activates and xbmc goes byebye. It's a frontrow plugin, remember.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
LED Control?0