Movies always start with no picture
When I start any movie, there's no picture for approx. 3 seconds - allthough the sound is there. After 3 seconds the picture pops up and the movie runs fine. This problem occurs with any movie, so it's got nothing to do with the codec, file size, bit rate, so I guess it could have something to do with caching... Has anyone suggestions how to fix that - thanxx
You probably need to include information about your setup. What hardware/software, where are your files stored...
My first HTPC build
My UnRaid Server
Kingston rebates and ASUS warranties are WORTHLESS FRAUDS
sorry, forgot about that :/

I'm running an i3 530 with 3 GB Ram, onboard video & sound, with Win XP. every movie/tv series runs smoothly at 1920x1080. the only issue is the 3 sec. black screen at the beginning of each movie.
I experience this all the time on my Asrock ION 330.
In my case it has to do with having ticked the box
"Adjust display refresh rate to match video" in Settings>Video>Playback.
I'm sure you knows what this means, but ill explain briefly anyways.

It changes your refresh rate to match the video Smile
Most movies are running at 24Hz while you probably want 60(or what your display can handle) in menus and such.
That worked! I'll have to test it - probably something else will explode, but for now it works... thanx a lot!
Gork Wrote:That worked! I'll have to test it - probably something else will explode, but for now it works... thanx a lot!

Presumably your TV is taking a few seconds to adjust to the new refresh rate.

JR

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Movies always start with no picture0