Speeding up XBMC Web-UI.
So i'm on Pre-Eden 11.0, and i use the web interface alot.

My problem is, I've discovered its performance gets REALLY bad when there are alot of items.

Right now my Movie collection is floating around 750 Movies, TV Collection is something like 50 shows with 3000 total episodes, but the real killer is my music collection is well over 20,000 songs...

When i click on Music, it just seems to sit there forever with the spinning logo, and never loads. (atleast I gave up around the 30 minute mark....) Loading Movies, hangs horrifically as well, however will load after a 2-5 minutes.

Is there any way i can speed the web UI up? Maybe through putting a ram drive on certain "heavily taxed" areas, or a replacement web UI?

System Info.
Linux adam-htpc 2.6.32-33-generic #72-Ubuntu SMP Fri Jul 29 21:07:13 UTC 2011 x86_64 GNU/Linux
Description: Ubuntu 10.04.3 LTS

Processor: AMD Athlon™ II X2 250 Processor
Memory: 4GB DDR2, Shared w\ Onboard Video.
Disks: 4x 2TB 7200RPM Maxtor Drives, in a Raid5 Soft-Raid array.
Network: Gigabit to Access point, WIFI-N+ (300MB mimo) to other machines.
Debug log?

Are you using DDS images?

Are you using dirty regions?
Why not build an interface like a webremote.

Let the pc do the work. IMHO I dont know why sometimes people would rather sort through a huge list of files on a 4 or 5 inch phone when they have a huge tv they have to work with....
I'm working on a new default webinterface, but it won't make it into the upcoming release (Eden), sorry.
da-anda Wrote:I'm working on a new default webinterface, but it won't make it into the upcoming release (Eden), sorry.

This might be more of an internal discussion question, but why not make the default web UI an add-on as well, so it will update when it is ready?
@ned, it already is Wink
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
The whole thing would be solved by loading portions of the database at a time, instead of sorting through every record - which is expensive. The problem is, the way the database is currently structured, it takes a lot of twisting to get things the way we need them for display (multiple table calls, etc.)

I think that once we see an overhaul of the XBMC database, a lot of these issues will disappear... or at least be minimized.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Speeding up XBMC Web-UI.0