where does xbmc search for libnfs?
I compiled xbmc from git today on Ubuntu Natty, specifically so I could try out the built-in nfs support (i've tried it on ATV2 and it seems to work well).

I had to compile and install libnfs before I could compile xbmc, but since I then got xbmc to compile I presumed libnfs installed ok.

However, when trying to connect to a nfs share I get:

Code:
22:40:12 T:3068128112   DEBUG: SECTION:LoadDLL(libnfs.so.0)
22:40:12 T:3068128112   DEBUG: Loading: libnfs.so.0
22:40:12 T:3068128112   ERROR: Unable to load libnfs.so.0, reason: libnfs.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
22:40:12 T:3068128112   DEBUG: Dll libnfs.so.0 was not found in path
22:40:12 T:3068128112   ERROR: NFS: Error loading libnfs (HandleDyLoad)

So I guess it can't find lbnfs afterall.

My question then, where is it looking Wink ??
how did you build libnfs and did you a make install?
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
You probably compiled it as the local context (a no-go). Your configure should have been:

./configure --prefix=/usr

After the make; make install you should update symbollic links:

ldconfig
Sam.Nazarko Wrote:You probably compiled it as the local context (a no-go). Your configure should have been:

./configure --prefix=/usr

After the make; make install you should update symbollic links:

ldconfig

searching for libs in /usr/local has been fixed so you no longer have to install to /usr

I think prupert missed doing "sudo ldconfig". Since his error indicated that configure found libnfs but xbmc at runtime could not.
Thankyou very much for all the replies.

ldconfig fixed the shared libs issue - doh, I should have remembered that trick from my FFmpeg compilation days.

Unfortunately, browsing a NFS share now causes a seg fault. Imma search for a relevant bug report or submit a new one...
Hmm, looks like my crash is just like this one: http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/11778 which Memphiz marked as fixed back in August. I added a note to the bug, but should I create a new one?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
where does xbmc search for libnfs?0