Force XBMC to use Ember scaped images?
NightStormWolf Wrote:I use Ember as well. Here's what i have in my movie folders.

Example: Avatar
Code:
Avatar/Avatar.mkv [b](Movie File)[/b]
Avatar/Avatar-trailer.mkv [b](Movie Trailer)[/b]
Avatar/Avatar.nfo [b](Info File)[/b]
Avatar/Avatar.tbn [b](Movie Poster)[/b]
Avatar/Avatar-fanart.jpg [b](Movie Fanart)[/b]

I copy the data to XBMC and update library. My system will pull form the internet first as well, but you can open the info menu for the movie and select "Refresh". XBMC should state "Locally stored information found. Ignore and refresh from the internet?". Select "No" and your system should pull in all your selected images and information.

Also, i can simply rename .tbn files to .jpg and they open as .jpg just fine. I think it's really just an extension change rather then a different file type.

If your library updates before you have made your files via EMBER then it will just grab whatever using its internal scraper. If that has already happened you will need to refresh that movie in order for it to rescan, when it does it will see your stored info and use that if you tell it to.

This happens to me all the time since im always adding movies but dont have a chance to scan them with EMBER and the wife will boot up the XBMC and the auto scan picks up the movies.
XBMC-ATV2 - Frodo
XBMC-LR - Zotac Zbox Plus - 36gb SSD - 3Gb Mem - Frodo
XBMC-BR - Foxcon 330i - 16gb SSD - 2Gb Mem - FrodoRc3
XBMC-Mini - MacMini - 128Gb OCZ Agility - 5Gb Mem - Frodo - Running SQL - Auto Library Update
Synology DiskStation Ds1512+(Dsm 4.3-3776) - 4gb Mem - 5*3tb Wd Reds [SHR] - 2GB Bonded Link - (SSD Cache WIP)

BigO Wrote:If your library updates before you have made your files via EMBER then it will just grab whatever using its internal scraper. If that has already happened you will need to refresh that movie in order for it to rescan, when it does it will see your stored info and use that if you tell it to.

This happens to me all the time since im always adding movies but dont have a chance to scan them with EMBER and the wife will boot up the XBMC and the auto scan picks up the movies.

I run into this as well. To avoid this from happening, I have a "staging" drive on my network where I temporarily store newly downloaded or ripped movies before I have a chance to scrape them with Ember. Once thats been completed, I transfer the entire folder over to my movies share and let XBMC update itself.
BigO Wrote:If your library updates before you have made your files via EMBER then it will just grab whatever using its internal scraper. If that has already happened you will need to refresh that movie in order for it to rescan, when it does it will see your stored info and use that if you tell it to.

Ya, i run Ember and copy everything over (including the .nfo files) to the local XBMC system storage before doing the update, but it will ALWAYS pull from the net first. I know this because custom information (source info, custom titles, etc.) or images i set in Ember will not show up until i force a local refresh. Now i do run Ember on windows and copy to linux, so it's possible something is quirky in the transition. It's also possible i have a misconfiguration in my settings somewhere.

In any event, my advice to the original poster was to try a "Refresh" on one of the movies and see if it picked up the local data and loaded the Ember images and information.

Laugh
Just out of curiosity, for those of you who copy your movies over to XBMC before running Ember, how often do you have XBMC set to refresh its library?

I only have it set to check when it starts up, and I leave my machine on 24/7 so thats not very often. When I copy over some movies, I just select Update Library to force an update.

This gives me plenty of time to get the files in place, then run Ember, then update the library, and that prevents XBMC from using its internal scrapers to scrape the movie.
Put update library on a remote button and it solves the issue of updates at the wrong time this is exactly what I do as I'm using Ember Smile
Current HTPC Lian-Li PC-C37 • Gigabyte GA-E7AUM-DS2H • Intel C2D E8400 E0 Stepping • OCZ Vertex SSD • 4GB Corsair TwinX XMS2 DDR2 • Corsair HX650W Modular PSU (Free Upgrade) • LG CH08LS10 Blu-Ray Drive • Scythe Big Shuriken • Acousti DustPROOF 70mm Fan
I use the button in Ember: update xbmc library
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
I keep getting the following error when scraping a movie manually via the "Rescape movie" option. It only shows up for the cover art and after the process is done it doesnt get downloaded either. "An error has occurred. Object reference not set to an object instance."
Sorry you guys are having problems.
It has been awhile since I set up my xbmc so not sure if I remember correctly. Isn't there a setting somewhere in there such as: Use local data or something like that?
My first HTPC build
My UnRaid Server
Kingston rebates and ASUS warranties are WORTHLESS FRAUDS
outatouch0 Wrote:Sorry you guys are having problems.
It has been awhile since I set up my xbmc so not sure if I remember correctly. Isn't there a setting somewhere in there such as: Use local data or something like that?

No there's no setting. It's should auto detect when you set the scraper corectly in combination with the correct filestructure/files.

It can be a real pain in the beginning.
Question 
Machine-Sanctum Wrote:No there's no setting. It's should auto detect when you set the scraper corectly in combination with the correct filestructure/files.

It can be a real pain in the beginning.

well, yes. it is always a pain, to get XBMC to scrape every combination of mixed filesystem.
have many AVis, and many VIDEO_TS extracted dvd folders.
But with http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Set...r_settings i'm still unable to scrape "form the local files only" (i see it, b/c it takes 3-5 secs for a movie, and see it in the firewall connecting outside. Disable actor images didnt help)

So what _exactly_ does the automatic mode do?! Its not enitrely clear from wiki. enable/disable?
why/when should i use "foldernames for lookup" if i dont wanna lookup in scraper?
One movie per folder ok, i always tick that. (hope this works for ./moviename/VIDEO_TS folders too)
And what does a recursively scan do in addition?!
I'm kinda lost...

feeling like a desperate house-husband :/
So what combinations of these options do you tick so?
tinyMediaManager - THE media manager of your choice :)
Wanna help translate TMM ?
myron Wrote:well, yes. it is always a pain, to get XBMC to scrape every combination of mixed filesystem.
have many AVis, and many VIDEO_TS extracted dvd folders.
But with http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Set...r_settings i'm still unable to scrape "form the local files only" (i see it, b/c it takes 3-5 secs for a movie, and see it in the firewall connecting outside. Disable actor images didnt help)

So what _exactly_ does the automatic mode do?! Its not enitrely clear from wiki. enable/disable?
why/when should i use "foldernames for lookup" if i dont wanna lookup in scraper?
One movie per folder ok, i always tick that. (hope this works for ./moviename/VIDEO_TS folders too)
And what does a recursively scan do in addition?!
I'm kinda lost...

feeling like a desperate house-husband :/
So what combinations of these options do you tick so?

In your case not ticking "use foldernames for lookup" will cause that the scraper would be looking for the movie "video_ts". Because you have a NFO file in the folder it will first use that.

Recursive means that it will search multiple folder levels.
Like if you set the source to "movies":
Movies/
General/ (movie subfolders)
Animation/ (movie subfolders)
Comedy/ (movie subfolders)

it will search through all the folder or else it will only look in "movies".
So this should be enabled almost always.
Run automatic isn't very clear but I think it's fine to enable it (had no problems so far)

WIKI part:
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Set...r_settings
If you change a number of posters or fanart inside ember is there a way to automatically refresh them on xbmc or do you have refresh them all manually? The other way I guess would be to remove the source and readd the source so it scrapes again but it would be great not have to do that each time.
Sad 
Machine-Sanctum Wrote:In your case not ticking "use foldernames for lookup" will cause that the scraper would be looking for the movie "video_ts". Because you have a NFO file in the folder it will first use that.

Recursive means that it will search multiple folder levels.
Like if you set the source to "movies":
Movies/
General/ (movie subfolders)
Animation/ (movie subfolders)
Comedy/ (movie subfolders)

it will search through all the folder or else it will only look in "movies".
So this should be enabled almost always.
Run automatic isn't very clear but I think it's fine to enable it (had no problems so far)

WIKI part:
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Set...r_settings
Thanks for you answer.
Played a little around, but i don't get it to work.

Can someone do me a favor? Could you try to scrape this?
http://netload.in/dateiASEgcki9Wx.htm (1mb incl. dummy dvd)

It has a movie.nfo, a moviename.nfo, everything correct, ... but regardless what i do, XBMC doesnt find/scrape the correct movie.
And doesn't use my folder.jpg or fanart.jpg. Nothing.
It should be this one (as setup in xml) http://www.imdb.de/title/tt1187047/, but XBMC always finds http://www.imdb.de/title/tt0194350/ (a sense of freedom)
If i click on "update" in the movie info screen, the sense of freedom is always listet here first. But why the hell does xbmc even go online, when there's a imdb ID in the XML? How can it find the false one?!?
Tried it with released Dharma and nightly Eden.
I'm kinda lost Sad
It can't be that hard, to tell XBMC to use the value in the XML...?!

Q1: is there any way, to disable the internet lookup _completely_ (aka a "local" scraper)
Q2: is my folder setup wrong?
Q3: ...?
Anyone tried this already?
Is this a bug? Should i open a ticket?
Or why does it not work that way?
:help:
myron Wrote:Thanks for you answer.
Played a little around, but i don't get it to work.

Can someone do me a favor? Could you try to scrape this?
http://netload.in/dateiASEgcki9Wx.htm (1mb incl. dummy dvd)

It has a movie.nfo, a moviename.nfo, everything correct, ... but regardless what i do, XBMC doesnt find/scrape the correct movie.
And doesn't use my folder.jpg or fanart.jpg. Nothing.
It should be this one (as setup in xml) http://www.imdb.de/title/tt1187047/, but XBMC always finds http://www.imdb.de/title/tt0194350/ (a sense of freedom)
If i click on "update" in the movie info screen, the sense of freedom is always listet here first. But why the hell does xbmc even go online, when there's a imdb ID in the XML? How can it find the false one?!?
Tried it with released Dharma and nightly Eden.
I'm kinda lost Sad
It can't be that hard, to tell XBMC to use the value in the XML...?!

Q1: is there any way, to disable the internet lookup _completely_ (aka a "local" scraper)
Q2: is my folder setup wrong?
Q3: ...?

I just tried your dummy dvd as I don't use VIDEO_TS I used only the files below as that's all you need I don't believe you can use nfo and images containing the file name when using VIDEO_TS because there's no media with that name ?

movie.nfo
movie.tbn
fanart.jpg
extrathumbs

You need to put those inside the VIDEO_TS folder and then make sure you select "Use folder names for lookups"

Edit : it seems to work without "Use folder names for lookups" enabled as well

Whether you enable "scan recursively" will depend on what level your folders are at from the source but it worked for me leaving it checked regardless of that

I got exactly the same result as you not putting them inside the VIDEO_TS folder so I guess this is the key to get it working with dvd folders

BTW XBMC will still go online to download actor thumbs unless you disable that function first
Current HTPC Lian-Li PC-C37 • Gigabyte GA-E7AUM-DS2H • Intel C2D E8400 E0 Stepping • OCZ Vertex SSD • 4GB Corsair TwinX XMS2 DDR2 • Corsair HX650W Modular PSU (Free Upgrade) • LG CH08LS10 Blu-Ray Drive • Scythe Big Shuriken • Acousti DustPROOF 70mm Fan

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Force XBMC to use Ember scaped images?0