weird update..
has anyone updated to that latest nightly "xbmc-20111002-f3d6247-master-atv2" iv just installed it and now cant do anything since i cant see which item is selected and its in a new totally different design....
its as if its the ipad version :S can someone check it out please
Something weird is going on with your setup. It does look like the highlighting has changed to a blue box (when in the XBMC home menu) but it's visible on mine.

Might want to play around with the color settings on your display or try testing without your userdata folder in place in case something in there is a prob.
cf125 Wrote:its as if its the ipad version :S can someone check it out please

yes, i can't even access the system settings with my remote in order to change the skin... this skin should't be the default.
Romanes eunt domus
uh oh. They included Jezz's Touched skin to be the default for iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch, but I guess it popped up there on the ATV2 as well. That skin does not work with a remote.

I guess revert to 10/01 for now
skippr Wrote:yes, i can't even access the system settings with my remote in order to change the skin... this skin should't be the default.

Have you tried moving your userdata folder aside then launching XBMC? That'd at least eliminate your settings as the issue. Since the latest updates aren't broken for everyone it's reasonable to guess something in your userdata folder is triggering the issue.

If the problem is still there you can always put the directory back in place. Make sure it's owned by mobile:mobile when you put it back though, i.e. "chown -R mobile:mobile /private/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/userdata".

e.g.
- exit from XBMC and ssh into the atv2
# cd /private/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC
# mv userdata userdata.bak
# killall AppleTV
You can also switch to another skin by editing guisettings.xml

I'll have to look it up in a bit to see what exactly needs to be changed, unless someone beats me to it.
Ned Scott Wrote:uh oh. They included Jezz's Touched skin to be the default for iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch, but I guess it popped up there on the ATV2 as well. That skin does not work with a remote.

I guess revert to 10/01 for now

Weird... doesn't seem to have changed the skin on my atv2. Why some and not others?
jd2157 Wrote:Have you tried moving your userdata folder aside then launching XBMC? That'd at least eliminate your settings as the issue. Since the latest updates aren't broken for everyone it's reasonable to guess something in your userdata folder....

e.g.
- exit from XBMC and ssh into the atv2
# cd /private/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC
# mv userdata userdata.bak
# killall AppleTV

ok I figured it out:

the mv userdata command created a new userdata folder, in which the guisettings.xml referred to skin.touched as default. this should not be the case for an atv build, I assume.

then I activated my old userdata folder again, and found that the guisettings here referred to rapier as defaultskin. this was no prolem until the skin.touched was implemented in the nightly builds (2 builds ago, I guess?).

I changed the default entry to skin.confluence - all is good again!

thanks for all the help!
Romanes eunt domus
Has anyone updated to the one built today 3rd if so has it fixed is issue or still wro skin
cf125 Wrote:Has anyone updated to the one built today 3rd if so has it fixed is issue or still wro skin

my post relates to latest build (xbmc-20111003-fc543cb-master-atv2.deb)
Romanes eunt domus
I did:
xbmc-20111003-fc543cb-master-atv2.deb

Same issue, but by fixing the guisettings.xml (changing skin.touched to skin.confluence) I can use the GUI with the apple remote now again.
mehRla Wrote:I did:
xbmc-20111003-fc543cb-master-atv2.deb

Same issue, but by fixing the guisettings.xml (changing skin.touched to skin.confluence) I can use the GUI with the apple remote now again.

oh. skin.touched ... thx for the pointer *running*
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
cf125 Wrote:Has anyone updated to the one built today 3rd if so has it fixed is issue or still wro skin

I have the build from the 3rd but it didn't screw up my settings. My guisettings.xml has confluence as the default and upgrading to the latest nightly didn't overwrite it. (i.e. <skin>skin.confluence</skin>)

Moved userdata out of the way to let it create a new one and sure enough the default skin was touched, i.e. <skin>skin.touched</skin>.

Both files had a bunch of other references to the skin listed as the default, so if you edit the <skin></skin> tag then you'll probably need to update the other references too. My guisettings.xml had 58 lines mentioning skin.confluence.
I had the same problem after installing xbmc-20111003-fc543cb-master-atv2.deb.

Just followed skippr's fix: looked for guisettings.xml, searched for skin.touched, replaced it with skin.confluence and we're back in business.

Thank you skippr!!!!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
weird update..0