weird update..
jd2157 Wrote:I have the build from the 3rd but it didn't screw up my settings. My guisettings.xml has confluence as the default and upgrading to the latest nightly didn't overwrite it. (i.e. <skin>skin.confluence</skin>)

Moved userdata out of the way to let it create a new one and sure enough the default skin was touched, i.e. <skin>skin.touched</skin>.

Both files had a bunch of other references to the skin listed as the default, so if you edit the <skin></skin> tag then you'll probably need to update the other references too. My guisettings.xml had 58 lines mentioning skin.confluence.

thx for that check ... that points directly to the problem ... we'll investigate...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
hey y'all,

I'm new to this, did a clean jailbreak and latest xbmc nightly install on my atv2 - everything is working just fine, except that i'm also stuck with the touch gui. tried editing the guisettings.xml, but everytime i then start xbmc on my atv2, it reverts back to the original guisettings.xml with the "touched" entry, no matter how much i changed it to "confluence"....

what am i doing wrong? any help is greatly appreciated :-)
orschomat Wrote:hey y'all,

I'm new to this, did a clean jailbreak and latest xbmc nightly install on my atv2 - everything is working just fine, except that i'm also stuck with the touch gui. tried editing the guisettings.xml, but everytime i then start xbmc on my atv2, it reverts back to the original guisettings.xml with the "touched" entry, no matter how much i changed it to "confluence"....

I had the exact same issue. Editing guisettings.xml didn't fix for me either. I even deleted the XBMC folder completely and installed the Sep 26 build; same issue kept happening.

I finally had to do a complete XBMC uninstall, including XBMC.frappliance, and that finally fixed the problem.
- Amazon FireTV Stick 4K running latest stable Kodi version
- Sony Bravia XBR-x900h Android TV running latest stable Kodi version
- Skin: Aeon Nox: SiLVO
orschomat Wrote:hey y'all,

That's odd, maybe you edited guisettings.xml with XBMC running? That's likely to cause problems... try exiting XBMC and editing the file again.

Or maybe you only edited the one skin.touched reference? Make sure there's no other ones lingering in guisettings.xml, easiest to replace them all with skin.confluence.
Hi,

this might be unrelated, but did anyone notice that the option to add video sources is missing when Choosing "Videos -> Files"?

This used to be here in previous versions. Not sure if I am missing something here or the option is just missing due to some error?

Thanks for any tips on this!
mehRla Wrote:Hi,

this might be unrelated, but did anyone notice that the option to add video sources is missing when Choosing "Videos -> Files"?

This used to be here in previous versions. Not sure if I am missing something here or the option is just missing due to some error?

Thanks for any tips on this!

This is already in the internal discussion. Its not there when no sources are added yet. Click on Videos directly for adding sources for now. When discussion is finished something will be done there i think...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
The touched skin issue for atv2 is fixed in master now ...
okay, so i updated to october 4th's xbmc-20111003-31113d1-master-atv2.deb - but i still encounter the same problem of being neither able to navigate nor edit the guisettings...

do i have to go through uninstalling and re-installing?

edit: okay, getting there - confluence is finally working! now how to get lion and xbmc to talk to each other... :-)
orschomat Wrote:okay, so i updated to october 4th's xbmc-20111003-31113d1-master-atv2.deb - but i still encounter the same problem of being neither able to navigate nor edit the guisettings...

do i have to go through uninstalling and re-installing?

edit: okay, getting there - confluence is finally working! now how to get lion and xbmc to talk to each other... :-)

Read the sticky thread on the top of this forum ... its called something like - "afpclient - the solution for lion users" ...
Memphiz Wrote:This is already in the internal discussion. Its not there when no sources are added yet. Click on Videos directly for adding sources for now. When discussion is finished something will be done there i think...

Thanks a lot, was able to add video sources now Wink
Didn't think of clicking on Videos directly..
Out of curiosity how did you fix the navigation issue as I did a new install on an ATV and used the OCT 4 build but can not navigate using the remote?

Thanks
carcraze Wrote:Out of curiosity how did you fix the navigation issue as I did a new install on an ATV and used the OCT 4 build but can not navigate using the remote?

Thanks

The issue is you have "touched.skin" as the default and you want "confluence.skin". There's basically 2 options:

1. edit guisettings.xml in the userdata folder and change all instances of touched.skin to confluence.skin, there could be dozens of them

2. if you haven't customized your settings much, I'd exit XBMC, delete the userdata dir, install the latest nightly, and launch XBMC so it'll recreate the userdata dir and the guisettings.xml file with confluence.skin as the default

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
weird update..0