Keeping it centralized
ok . as your going to figure im a complete noob when it comes to sql databases.
know that u know that any one have a idea to fix this problem.

i have set up the sql data base the using the information i have found in the forums and online.

now the problem is this. wheather its on my avt2 or on my windows 7 laptop. when i add the advancesetting.xml file to my xbmc's they take hours to load past the xbmc logo and even after loading u cant used xbmc. now i would love to provide u with a log but i cant figure out how. <- like i said noob....
any one want to help? i would really apriciate it.
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=92480
A copy of the content of advancedsettings.xml would be nice to start with.

Had a similar problem myself last night which turned out to be an issue with the host name in the xml file, was using 'localhost'. Once i changed that to the ip address of the machine hosting the mysql database it was back to normal, loading up in seconds....

So check your xml and make sure you are specifying the hostname correctly, and try the ip address instead. Another thing to do is also to disable host name resolution on the MySQL server, that will also slow down xbmc considerably...
If it is taking too long then it is probably because it can't connect to the mysql database. Your advancedsettings.xml file is probably incorrect.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Keeping it centralized0