[Mac] AFP Share = no subtitle support?
Hey guys.. been struggling with lion share problem (as most of you do).. and finally settled on AFP.. tried WebDAV and UPnP, both worked but with quirks. WebDAV have the 'file not found' error while the UPnP files can't be added to library..

So, the only thing bugging me is no subtitle support in AFP.. is this true or is it only me? thx.. XBMC rocks! Nod
not true and might be a bug ... please provide debug log...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Glad to hear it's supported Smile well it's strange, some video's subtitle is working, some are not..

What's working :

MKV's built in subtitle
existing .srt

Not Working :
.idx
.srt downloaded from the subtitle add on (the file is there but zero bytes, afp cannot write to network?)

xbmc.log : link
is saving of the subtitle addon in that log aswell? or only the playback error...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
Only the playback IIRC..

I'm not sure the steps I'm creating this log is correct, what I did was :
- enable debugging mode
- play a movie, go to the subtitle menu, download a subtitie, press 't' to enable and disable subtitle a couple of times
- exit the movie, exit the xbmc

here is the log : http://pastebin.com/ibDEVh0U

tell me if the steps is wrong, thx Memphiz! Smile
Dzigg Wrote:Only the playback IIRC..

I'm not sure the steps I'm creating this log is correct, what I did was :
- enable debugging mode
- play a movie, go to the subtitle menu, download a subtitie, press 't' to enable and disable subtitle a couple of times
- exit the movie, exit the xbmc

here is the log : http://pastebin.com/ibDEVh0U

tell me if the steps is wrong, thx Memphiz! Smile

Yep that was the very correct way of making a usefull logfile. thx. So the write of the subtitle file fails. Will try to investigate if i get some spare time ...
Memphiz Wrote:Yep that was the very correct way of making a usefull logfile. thx. So the write of the subtitle file fails. Will try to investigate if i get some spare time ...

Great, first time posting a log Laugh

Thx Memphiz..
Update : I tried to manually add the afp, type the ip address, user, and pass (before I was using the zeroconf), thinking that I wasn't properly logged in so I can't write to the folder.. but still no go Sad
Update Solved with latest nightlies! : xbmc-20111009-6c95a7c-master-i386.

Amazing stuff XBMC team Big Grin

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Mac] AFP Share = no subtitle support?0