XBMC isn't saving TV Thumbs
XBMC isn't saving thumbs. I use sickbeard so it dumps my shows into folders and when I select a thumb for that show it doesn't save them into the show's folder.

What am i doing wrong?
marcusjb Wrote:XBMC isn't saving thumbs. I use sickbeard so it dumps my shows into folders and when I select a thumb for that show it doesn't save them into the show's folder.

What am i doing wrong?

I don't know what you're doing wrong, but why not just have sickbeard save all the info for you?
I think when i'd originally set it up, i'd read that it was better to have XBMC figure it out. Its weird because some folders have a clearart.png, folder.jpg, and logo.png so i'm not sure why some are sticking and some aren't.
marcusjb Wrote:I think when i'd originally set it up, i'd read that it was better to have XBMC figure it out. Its weird because some folders have a clearart.png, folder.jpg, and logo.png so i'm not sure why some are sticking and some aren't.

XBMC can only scrape those images if they exist somewhere. Are you sure those particular shows have logo.png and clearart? I've run across a few series, especially new ones, that don't have them yet. For the new Disney show Jessie, I actually had to add it to thetvdb.org myself and make a banner for it just so I could actually add it to sickbeard as a new show. Big Grin

I'll tell you this, I use sickbeard to make my xbmc specific meta data, never had one problem. The only thing I have to add myself is landscape images because I use the landscape view for tv shows in Aeon MQ3.
marcusjb Wrote:I think when i'd originally set it up, i'd read that it was better to have XBMC figure it out. Its weird because some folders have a clearart.png, folder.jpg, and logo.png so i'm not sure why some are sticking and some aren't.
Of the scraper scenarios I have tried I have found SB to be the best tool there is. I suggest letting SB do all of that and xbmc just has to scan in (ie not scrape) what SB has already done for it. Of course if no fanart/info exists for a show/episode or whatever that is another matter and no scraper will fix that.
My first HTPC build
My UnRaid Server
Kingston rebates and ASUS warranties are WORTHLESS FRAUDS
Sorry to drag this old thread back up, but i'm still having issues with thumbnails not loading or saving properly.

I use Simplicity and for tv shows I use a banner menu. If there's no banner in the folder for the show it puts a standard aspect ratio picture squished down to banner size. So i right click and go to tv show information, go to thumb and select a remote thumb banner and its not actually saving that to the folder.

If i delete all the episodes, I'll have to go through this all over again the next time SB finds an episode. Any reason why this is happening?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC isn't saving TV Thumbs0