XBMC on Mac as NFS *client*
New to XBMC, but very familiar with Macs, UNIX, and the like.

I don't see a way to set up NFS shares from a server (Solaris 10 NAS) to XBMC running on Mac OS (Lion) unless I manually mount them. Am I missing an obvious option? Using a URI nfs://<ip.address>/share/path does not work as I'd expect it to, and NFS is not on the list of supported protocols in the dialogue for adding network sources.

The xbmc.log simply shows that NFS is an unsupported protocol:

Code:
22:51:59 T:2892681920 M:583770112   DEBUG: Unloading: ImageLib-x86-osx.so
22:52:02 T:2892681920 M:583864320 WARNING: Create - Unsupported protocol(nfs) in nfs://192.168.1.103/nfspool1/movies/
22:52:02 T:2892681920 M:583864320    INFO: Loading skin file: DialogYesNo.xml

I was hoping to be able to build the databases on the Mac (since it's faster) and then just migrate them to the ATV2, but mounted volumes instead of NFS URI's won't have the proper paths in the database. Another option would be AFP, but I don't see AFP as an option in the add network sources dialogue, either.

Thanks for any clues--
=V=
seems you are using a very outdated version of xbmc without afp and nfs support...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Memphiz Wrote:seems you are using a very outdated version of xbmc without afp and nfs support...

It's 10.1 downloaded directly from xbmc.org a couple of days ago; binary is dated from March. But looking at the library dependencies with otool, you're correct. I'll figure out how to grab a nightly build, then.

I guess this means it's also better to use a nightly build on the ATV2, as well, when I get to it.

Thanks for the pointer.

=V=

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC on Mac as NFS *client*0