[atv2] XBMC crashes randomly with mkv files
Question 
Hi guys,
A newbie here with a crashing problem while playing 720p *.mkv files on atv2. The crashes happen randomly. Sometimes I can watch a whole movie without crashing, sometimes it crashes at the very beginning. If there is no crash the movies play OK and the sound is OK - goes to a 5.1 receiver through optical. The shared folder is on a macbook pro with Lion via AFP and no passwords. The atv2 is connected to the router with a cable and the laptop uses the wifi network and both are in the same network. I have a constant ping going from the laptop to the wifi router and I don't see any anomalies during the crashes.

Here is what I have:

atv2 4.3 (8F455) JB with Seas0nPass.
I installed nitoTV and then XBMC from nitoTV.
I have put nightly build xbmc-20110926-6c08a58-master-atv2.deb with dpkg (I tried other builds too but no luck).

XBMC_log

atv2_crashlog

I hope I explained it right.

Thank you

UPDATE: I think I fixed the problem. I found a long forgotten post suggesting that the host file might be wrong. I checked mine and there was an empty line before "127.0.0.1 mesu.apple.com". So I removed it and added an empty line after it. It's been working for almost 2 hours now and no crash.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[atv2] XBMC crashes randomly with mkv files0