TV Shows Not Showing Up
Hey Guys,

I've got XBMC setting and everything is working great except that it isn't recognizing new TV shows that are being added to a download folder.

For some reason, these files are not being added to my TV shows list or even Movies list even though the folders are setup as sources for TV Shows.

The files are all hosted on a Windows 7 box. I haven't had any problems otherwise, just with this downloads folder.

I've tried updating but it just doesn't populate any of the TV shows from this folder

Any ideas?
Had the same issue for while and it turned out to simply be the naming structure of the header folder. I was trying to add a tv series called Sanctuary but the folder was named Sanctuary. The full stop at the end actually stopped XBMC scraping it properly.
Make sure all your naming conventions, for folders and files, are the same as the ones that are working.

Update Library or Clean Library might work too.
The TV shows folder has folders named in this convention:
Folder: House.S08E01.HDTV.XviD-LOL
File: House.S08E01.HDTV.XviD-LOL

Not sure if thats wrong.... How can I fix this? I've tried to update library and even clean... nothing fixes it
OK Get rid of all that stuff in the folder name.
Just call the folder HOUSE
then have a folder in that called Season 8
Leave the file name as is.
Star 
I have the same problem, but why is this apening? because on Boxee and Plex the tvshows are identified correctly and in XBMC is not, the team should improve the tvshows detection!!!
Also having a similar issue... I have similar folder structures as canadian4evr, I leave the rar set as is, and it always worked... until the last couple of days.

now I've added a few new tv-shows and the folders are there, but 'appear' empty in XBMC.
Glad im not the only one having the same problem, are you using Dharma?
Same with me too. Folders appear but no actual files.
Now XBMC also has started restarting at every first boot up. Drives me mad.
I will ditch XBMC now and just use the ATV2 media player until i get my new TV which I can simply attach a USB HDD to.
Can't be bothered with all this messing about to get it to simply work properly.

To be honest, I don't think it's an issue with XBMC itself but more the way it works on IOS.
Darnun Wrote:Same with me too. Folders appear but no actual files.
Now XBMC also has started restarting at every first boot up. Drives me mad.
I will ditch XBMC now and just use the ATV2 media player until i get my new TV which I can simply attach a USB HDD to.
Can't be bothered with all this messing about to get it to simply work properly.

To be honest, I don't think it's an issue with XBMC itself but more the way it works on IOS.

You're in the Mac OS X forum, not the iOS forum. XBMC for iOS is beta/pre-release software, so it will have issues. Calm down and we'll help you, because for most people XBMC for iOS works great.
We can't read minds. If you want help then post debug logs: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Log_file
Ned, I apologise. I have to say that I have found the support / reactions on this forum a little arrogant and swayed more towards people who are fully in the know with XBMC. Always ended up feeling frustrated and a little embarrassed.
I am running it on ATV2 yes but via a mac, hence putting it in here too.

To show that I am not a total idiot, I will do what I can do give you the info you need and see what happens.
I had the same problem and I think I figured it out.

1-Make sure the name of the show matches the name on http://www.thetvdb.com
2-Don't use sub folder to divide the seasons put everything in the root folder of the show.
3-use this naming convention, ex Breaking bad.Gray matter.s01e05.avi (or whatever is you extension
4-In XBMC make sure in the content is set to TVshow and your are using The TVDB.
5-In XBMC make sure the option "Selected folder contain a single tv show" is selected.
6-In XBMX under setings make sure "Use DVD order" is selected.

Once that is done go in your Library, press "C" and click "Scan for new content".

I think the issue for me that I had subfolder and I was using *.se01ep05.xxx as the naming convention instead of *.s01e05.xxx

Let me know if it worked.

Thanks
Simon :-)
(2012-02-17, 17:10)smarinof Wrote: I had the same problem and I think I figured it out.

1-Make sure the name of the show matches the name on http://www.thetvdb.com
2-Don't use sub folder to divide the seasons put everything in the root folder of the show.
3-use this naming convention, ex Breaking bad.Gray matter.s01e05.avi (or whatever is you extension
4-In XBMC make sure in the content is set to TVshow and your are using The TVDB.
5-In XBMC make sure the option "Selected folder contain a single tv show" is selected.
6-In XBMX under setings make sure "Use DVD order" is selected.

Once that is done go in your Library, press "C" and click "Scan for new content".

I think the issue for me that I had subfolder and I was using *.se01ep05.xxx as the naming convention instead of *.s01e05.xxx

Let me know if it worked.

Thanks
Simon :-)

didnt work for me, but it might be because xbmc wont scan episodes that are not decompressed.
.avi = works (sometimes)
.rar = not works. (allways)
Im using PLEX, used to use XBMC and giving this one a shot.

issue is, i have a Completed Downloads folder. only some of the tv shows are showing up in there but all the movies are. Like, Up All Night is there but not Swamp People or Ultimate Fighter... any ideas?
Naming. It always comes down to naming. The scrapers can be very picky, especially if there is extra junk in the file name.

See Adding videos to the library (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TV Shows Not Showing Up1